Ideas for decorating flower pots

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love the bathtub idea perhaps for an outdoor project? I am sure there would be paints for this?

Oh yes, bathtubs are often used as planters, here is an example:

bathtub1.jpg

But I must say that I really don't like the idea, it looks rather tacky and very weird to me. I wouldn't want anything like this in my garden.

Reaction score
These are all so incredible. I had to keep finding a new favorite...the twigs, the stumps, the paint dripping...all so lovely. That is the best thing about these forums is all the inspiration you can get. Thanks to all for the pictures. Guess I have to stop buying them and start creating some so I can post too.

Reaction score
These are some fabulous ideas for flower pots, really creative stuff! I am going to get on with it and try some of the ideas ASAP. Congrats to all of you who submitted pictures, the ideas are very clever!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you, Firelily99:)
I found a very simple and nice idea of decorating flowerpots. You have to eat a lot of ice lolly to have enough sticks to make it, haha:D:

22872-_dekoracja_z_kawy.jpg

22874-_dekoracja_z_kawy.jpg

Reaction score
Claudine - think its a really neat idea for decorating plant pots and such a good excuse for eating lots of ice lollies. :D

Will have to hide this idea from my husband though, otherwise he'll be trying to encourage me, to have huge amounts of plant pots like this - because not only would he get a great deal of enjoyment out of contributing, but he would see it as a justifiable reason for consuming vast quantities of his favorite type of ice lollies - chocolate covered ones.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, any reason is good to eat ice lollies. I'm sure that my boyfriend would be very willing to help me collecting sticks too:D
Here is another funny idea, a plant planted in a cute watering can, I really like it:

konewka_w_groszki-oslonka_na_doniczke-metal-ozdoba-dekoracja2.jpg

Reaction score
The book flower pot is very interesting. I wonder how they keep the water from draining out of the pages. ??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Charahome, I was wondering about it too. Maybe they used a plastic bag? Or maybe there is a small flowerpot inside of the book, we just can't see it. Anyway, it's an interesting idea.

How do you feel about this decoration? In my opinion those sticks look a little bit too whimsical:

flower-pot-burlap-wood-fabric-material-natural-decoration.gif

Reaction score
In contrast to the Popsicle sticks that I think its a great look, I agree with you. The sticks do not do it justice.

Reaction score
Claudine - lol - its is and I think we could all end up with far too many plants pots covered in ice lolly sticks, so much so, that they would loose their novelty value :D but it would be great fun doing it.:)

I like the watering can and would love to have a watering can as colorful as that, but as plant holder I think its too much because your eye is drawn to the watering can and not the plant, and although the pot in your last picture, is a very creative and novel idea - to me its a bit of an eyesore :D

Reaction score
Am not sure - think you may have had these family portrait pots already - but either way, although I wouldn't want to have them myself, I find them rather amusing, particularly as you could have a great deal of fun and enjoyment, out of choosing which plants, you thought best suited a particular face, maybe even have a few choices on hand - so that you could change the mood from day to day :D

plant pot portraits 2.jpg

plant pots portraits 1.jpg

Reaction score
Amazing thread, Claudine :) You always come up with the nices ideas for threads, I mean... literally :D(y) I'm not into pot decoration, to be honest I never even thought about it until I saw this! I might do this as a hobby one day tho ;) All those ideas are great!

Reaction score
I love the family portrait pots. It is very unique. It gives it personality, humor, and a great look.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Trellum, thank you! I try to be as creative as possible:). I really love gardening, so it's not very difficult. As for decorating flowerpots, I started this thread because I love surrounding myself with beautiful things. It makes me happy:)
Gata Montes, those family portrait pots look so funny!:D

Reaction score
Those pots look great and I like every single one of the ideas on this thread. I have other plans for my pots, however. I will let my nephew decorate them. He's 5 and I'm sure he has plenty imaginations and resources to make some great family memories and pots of sentimental value. :D

Ask a Question