Ideas for Cinder Block

Reaction score
United States and at times out of country
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
I found a few cool photos of Cinder Block planters, fire pits, and outdoor furniture I thought I would post here. If anyone has any they could add to the list it would be appreciated:

cinder blocks.jpg
firepit and outdoor sitting area.jpg
firepit.jpg
firepit and outdoor sitting area.jpg
firepit.jpg

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just saw the top picture used on tv earlier this week. I like the benches, I would want that in my yard. I am hunting for some pictures to add to the galary.

Reaction score
I actually liked the second one, it didn't look like such a bad idea and isn't so permanent. So why not to try? Specially if you need some quick places to sit. It's a great idea (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I will have to take some pictures in my yard. The old owners have made paths and a patio using cinderblock. It's really neat. I'll take pictures when I get home if it's not raining.

Reaction score
United States and at times out of country
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
Here are cinder blocks painted in black, in my opinion they look really nice:

cinder-block-planter-detail-1-saf-affect.jpg
I can't seem to figure out how t

They can also be used as indoor planters:

dbor108_1fh_al.jpg

Okay its only letting me reply with the photos attached so I won't reply to everyones, just this one but I love whats been posted! Its a really cool idea to paint them too. I wonder how it will hold up in the rain? I saw another site that used stencils to paint on the cinder blocks so you had a design too. I think the white rocks set against the black make it look like a Japanese garden. Very cool! I can't wait to see more.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Great images of the cinder box possibilities. Thanks HC. And the black look really dramatic Claudine. After seeing the other post the other day of them being used to outline a veggie patch plus utilizing those edges for herbs I'm really sold on the idea. Thinking now where would be suitable in my garden. Thanks all.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Are you talking about something like this?:

0358232b282aa5db107cac2d2bf53c42.jpg

To be honest, I'm not sure if I like it. Those raised beds look like graves to me:confused: It's a little creepy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love it, Pat!:) It's such a nice place. Sitting there, near those pretty plants, must be very relaxing.
It's amazing what can be done with cinder blocks.

Ask a Question