Idea of low maintenance front yard

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
My neighbors low maintenance front yard, she has been working on this piece of art for years. It looks so good, I like to see how it has come along.

upload_2014-8-25_10-56-4.jpeg

Reaction score
Cool. Not my thing, but you never know! It actually looks like a really interesting project, hopefully you can keep us posted, I'd also like to see how it comes along!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It looks very nice! I'm sure your neighbor put a lot of work into creating it.
Personally, I prefer wild gardens:) I love weeds, lawns with long grass and climbing plants. I'm a big fan of an artistic mess:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I like it! My idea of a low labor front yard would be to cover it over with cement and interesting tiles, but this would take all of the fun out of yardwork...yes, I said fun! I love doing yard work as I find it relaxing.

Reaction score
It looks very good! I just hope they don't have small children or grandchildren visiting anytime soon! Could be a little dangerous! Other than that it looks very original. Good job!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is true, there would be no place for kids to play...that might actually bring down the value of the house. It still looks fabulous though.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is only one side of the yard in the picture. The rest of the yard is grass, plenty of playing room in the back and side yards.

Reaction score
That will be interesting to see when it comes along! My dad had the idea to put our vegetable garden in the front, 'fenced' by a bed of sunflowers. I was skeptical at first, but it really fits in nicely! Granted, it doesn't take up the entire front yard, but I never even thought of a vegetable garden in the front.

Reaction score
It looks very nice! I'm sure your neighbor put a lot of work into creating it.
Personally, I prefer wild gardens:) I love weeds, lawns with long grass and climbing plants. I'm a big fan of an artistic mess:)

You'd really love my grandmother's garden. It's one of those wild English-styled gardens. I don't have a pic of it right now but here is what it sort of looks like (it's very whimsical and even has a butterfly bush so there are tons of butterflies in it and many humming birds as well - they also built their own pergola from which hangs grapes and flowers):

3bd3b16887c2e5d02d3e708b0b51750e.jpg

Designing-an-English-Garden-with-Footpath-728x545.jpg

English+Cottages+on+Tumblr+Thatched+Roof+2.jpg

Again, these aren't actual pictures of my grandmother's garden. I don't have any on my computer but, these give you an idea of what she has going on in her garden. These gardens pictured are more structured and organized than my grandmother's though. She truly has a wild garden and only she knows the rhyme and reason for everything. Amidst it all, she grows her own lettuce, tomatoes, etc. I think it's a wonderful way to keep a garden, although I'm partial to the layered low-maintenance garden that Pat's neighbor is working on. Either style is low-maintenance, so that's always good!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You'd really love my grandmother's garden. It's one of those wild English-styled gardens. I don't have a pic of it right now but here is what it sort of looks like (it's very whimsical and even has a butterfly bush so there are tons of butterflies in it and many humming birds as well - they also built their own pergola from which hangs grapes and flowers):

3bd3b16887c2e5d02d3e708b0b51750e.jpg

Designing-an-English-Garden-with-Footpath-728x545.jpg

English+Cottages+on+Tumblr+Thatched+Roof+2.jpg

Again, these aren't actual pictures of my grandmother's garden. I don't have any on my computer but, these give you an idea of what she has going on in her garden. These gardens pictured are more structured and organized than my grandmother's though. She truly has a wild garden and only she knows the rhyme and reason for everything. Amidst it all, she grows her own lettuce, tomatoes, etc. I think it's a wonderful way to keep a garden, although I'm partial to the layered low-maintenance garden that Pat's neighbor is working on. Either style is low-maintenance, so that's always good!
This so sounds heavenly! I'm sure your grandmother's garden looks really beautiful, I would love to see it. You've just described what I dream to have one day. I want a wild, whimsical garden with climbing plants, lots of trees, tons of butterflies and billions of flowers:love:

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
We all desire a beautiful garden, but often the effort required to design, create and maintain a lovely landscape (small or large) is too much. Homeowners want to enjoy their gardens, not become slaves to them. However, if weather or social events take you away for several weekends, your outdoor space can quickly become a mess. Read more: http://revell.com.au/2017-low-maintenance-garden-guide/

upload_2017-9-23_11-23-12.gif
You copy and pasted your post from the second paragraph of your advertising site? :rolleyes: You couldn't even make up anything new for us? (n)

Ask a Question