I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Robert Walker, a 65 year old retiree and have landscaped most of m

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I'm Robert Walker, a 65 year old retiree and have landscaped most of my adult life.
I work part time with my brother who has an established landscape business here in
New Hampshire. I'm hooked on nature and weather permitting am outdoors all day long.
Gardening isn't really work to me and the combination of fresh air and all the bending,
stretching, lifting is a great form of exercise. Above all,is the satisfaction derived from
transforming a landscape and the endless variations. Four New England seasons makes it
even more fun. I also was a member of a landscape team that won a first place nation
award for "Landscape Excellence" while working at Anheuser-Bush. I'm in the process of
developing a gardening website and want it to be as informative as it might be so I am hoping
to find ideas and suggestions and obviosly learn from all of you. Hope I can be of help as well

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very pleased to meet you (in a cyber sense) Mr Walker, and I'm sure you'll prove to be a valuable asset to the forum.

Welcome.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I am a "perennial" newbie. So nice to have you join!

I am in my early 60s and have just in the past year gotten bitten by the plant bug.

I have grown super hot peppers in pots - husband right now panting from heated up bruschetta- but he inspired me to scoville beyond reason.

I am now learning other vegetable, herbs and other plants that will tolerate my helicopter attendance!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Welcome! With all your landscaping experience I am sure that many of us will be learning from you! I'm sure you could share with folks here many how-to posts, such as how to protect plants seasonally, or improve drainage, or what to plant in shade/for seasonal color, etc. I look forward to seeing your posts.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and a very warm welcome to the forum Robert! (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Howdy Robert, me not being one of them, there are many here with quite the knowledge. Enjoy your stay. As you stated above, I'm in it for the all around nature of the outdoors. With the proper plants, it's amazing what one can see in any backyard. Be it birds, butterfly's, or just the beauty of it all.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Robert, welcome to the group. I am looking forward to learning alot from you about landscaping. I can garden but I want to improve the visual look of the garden.

Ask a Question