I just found out about Purslane (plant/weed)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
My husband and I have been doing research on vegetables and plants that are packed with many vitamins and minerals but yet you don't need to eat a lot of them. We discovered that Purslane is one of them. This plant/weed is packed with Omega 3-fatty acids, and some would classify it as an herb. It is packed with Vitamin A, C, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, iron, magnesium, and more. It grows very easily. Here, we see it growing through the sidewalk and asphalt cracks. I plucked some from a flower bed yesterday just to experiment how it would do indoors in a sunny area of my home. Supposedly it also flowers. Anyone seen it in your area?
images

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My husband and I have been doing research on vegetables and plants that are packed with many vitamins and minerals but yet you don't need to eat a lot of them. We discovered that Purslane is one of them. This plant/weed is packed with Omega 3-fatty acids, and some would classify it as an herb. It is packed with Vitamin A, C, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, iron, magnesium, and more. It grows very easily. Here, we see it growing through the sidewalk and asphalt cracks. I plucked some from a flower bed yesterday just to experiment how it would do indoors in a sunny area of my home. Supposedly it also flowers. Anyone seen it in your area?
images
It is fine IF you can keep it controlled. A few years ago my wife brought some home for her flower garden. Big mistake. Somehow it went uphill 50 yards and invaded my vegetable garden. It is worse than seeded weeds IMO. I am still trying to get rid of the stuff

Ask a Question