I found stuff in my yard!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Now that we're clearing the yard, and mowing, I found some home-made tomato cages and four posts.

They can all be used, except for one that is pretty much flattened. It took me a while to free them from the grape vines. This is how I found them:

002.JPG

This is after. One of the cages is already being used:
008.JPG

I guess the previous tenants used the shorter cages for peppers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That looks like a lot of fun, I bet it took forever to recover those from all the debris. I have always wanted to clear some land so that I might find some buried treasure from years past. We used to go hiking in Eastern Washington alot when I was younger and I would sometimes come across a broken bottle or some debris from an old homestead. It was fun times.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You've have found the jackpot there! Tomato cages are very useful in my garden as they helped many other plants such as sweet pea, cosmos, Shasta Daisy, etc..I like to give them support since we always have strong wind here that just love to bend them to the ground.

Ask a Question