Hydrangea macrophylla in New Jersey

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So I have a couple questions about this. How many hours of sun would be enough for this hydrangea in NJ? I have 2 hydrangeas planted(1 in bloom and 1 not), and I think they get sun until like from like 10-5PM. I know they like shades but NJ is in the northern states so I was wondering.. It was 90 degrees today though.
Also, how far apart should I be planting them? The 2 hydrangeas I have are planted about a feet apart.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
First off. read up about them. find out how big they grow to and plant accordingly that far from each other. The amount of sun you mentioned is plenty enough. If they look droopy in the hot part of the summer up a hose at their base and let the water run/drip down slowly for many hours. If your going to move one, move the one that is not blooming. Some hydrangeas take three years to bloom. So do not disturb the one that is happy.

Ask a Question