Homemade Organic Pesticide

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here is a video of interest. The lady in this video shows us how to make homemade pesticide from everyday products we typically have in our kitchens. The pesticide is organic and will not harm animals. It may even deter them from your garden based on the ingredients used. I know my dogs run when I have an onion in my hand. Enjoy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is a really great video!
What works the best for me, is regular dish soap. It repels most insects and doesn't harm my plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I could not get the volume to work when I watched this. I recently heard of using dish soap to keept my plants safe from bug attackers, but have not personally tried it yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I find that Dawn and Ajax are two of the best for that. They are not harmful to the plants either. It has to be the original Dawn and Ajax, not the fancy scents or special versions though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b or 6a who knows
Country
United States
This is a really great video!
What works the best for me, is regular dish soap. It repels most insects and doesn't harm my plants.

Claudine, what is the ratio of soap to water that you use? I am trying to find less invasive ways to protect my food this year since this will be my first larger size grow. I want something I don't have to worry too much if let's say perhaps one of my dogs somehow manages to get into the bed.

Ask a Question