Hi...

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm a balcony gardener in Southern California. This forum is really nice-colorful and attractive. Thank goodness, not Houzz and it's colorless design!
I'm Mom to four rabbits and two cats. I left a forum I really liked for awhile because there were trolls there who suddenly enjoyed taunting me about inhumane practices. I hope to find some nicer posters here!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Deborah, you have come home! There are great gardeners here--in-ground, container, raised bed--that are happy to share ideas, encouragement, and cures.
We have chickens here on our little farm, along with vegetable and herb gardens, and flower beds. We'll love to hear about your rabbits and cats, any plants you are growing, and general garden chat.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you! The rabbits are Saltflower, Cloveblossom, Moolbear and Junebug. Junebug is the only girl. The cats, girls, are Pepperlily and Spicemittens.
I can't stand reading about inhumane methods of keeping wildlife out of gardens, and some trolls even posted RECIPES. It was a primarily tomato growing forum. Started with a "T".
On my balcony I have a Meyer lemon tree, Ever Sweet strawberries planted in a leaky metal watering can (charming look!) a huge peppermint, a white rose, rosemary, and a pot of grass for my little family. I usually have tomatoes and green onions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
:)A warm welcome to you @Deborah. I have been to a number of forums and the people here are truly friendly, helpful, and lovely to share ideas and questions with. Trolls and rudeness are not tolerated. So you are in the right place. The site has been growing rapidly though so it is difficult to keep up with all the new members. If you should have a problem, hit the "report" button. The Admin people (Becky, Ian, and Zigs) here are super supportive of the membership and do not tolerate posts lacking in civility. Your balcony sounds delicious!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! We are nice here and we like photos, of both plants and pets. :) (got pics of your bunnies? I had a giant French Lop named Brigit once. When she came in the house she terrified the dogs and they jumped on the couch to get away from her.)

This forum skews towards organic/pollinator/wildlife/beneficial bug friendly without being really strict about it. It's pretty mellow and very helpful.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

No trolls here, apart from me :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard, great to have you here @Deborah! We're a friendly bunch, so I'm sure you fit right in (y)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefcommander

Latest Threads