Hi Everyone !!

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi all, I've just joined because although my garden in the UK is well established we spend a lot of time abroad where we struggle !! I hope I can make some interesting contributions and pick up some helpful advice along the way. Thanks.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, welcome to our group! (y)

I saw in the news recently that temperatures in the Middle East were soaring (although I think it might have been further north that was affected) so I hope it is bearable where you are! What is your garden like?

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Average day-time temperatures in the UAE are currently around mid to high 40's !! I find the summer temperatures quite bearable as I go home to the UK !! Our garden there is only modest with lawn and a small patio. We had all our damas trees pulled up because their roots are harmful and starve the lawn of moisture but it doesn't seem to have made any difference - the lawn isn't very green !!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh, I imagine a lawn would be very difficult to maintain over there!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Forgot to ask, are you acquainted with the Tibbetts family? My niece is a Tibbetts and yes, one of the descendants of this famous pilot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Enola. :) That's a huge difference in temperatures between Britain and the UAE, it must be difficult to get used to one after leaving the other.

Reaction score
Hello there and welcome to the forum! I'm so very much looking forward to hear about your adventures in the UAE! Looking forward to seeing your garden there :) And possibly see a lot pictures of that place :)

Ask a Question