Here is what I have coming

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Argentina
Take a look at my small garden below.

Hot peppers and tomatoes. Saved seeds from veggies bought at local produce markets. I have 12 pepper plants (20 more coming) and about 14 tomatoes. Soil is a mix of top soil, compost and peat moss. I am moving to a place that will give me a 500 sq ft growing area in about 60 days, so I am not sure how I am going to manage this crop for the time being. May have to give some of it away. :) I hope that they can make it in this blazing hot weather. It's been 90 degrees and higher here in Buenos Aires.

picture uploading

host image

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looking good. It will be interesting to see what you will end up with because most of commercial tomatoes and peppers are some type of hybrids and do not come true from seed.

Reaction score
You will definitely have to give a lot away ;) But you could also sun dry some of your tomatoes, my dad liked to do that from time to time. I'd do that as well, but where I'll be living you can't count on the sun for help in this kind of things. Looking forward to seeing how your gardening project comes along :) Keep us posted!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a fantastic start already! You will have lots to share :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
500 square is a good sized area! As long as they get sun and regular feeding, you will be amazed at the amount of plants you can cram into your space.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I bet those tomatoes are going to taste delicious. My favorite kind of tomato is one that comes off of the vine and is still a little warm from the sun. Those are the ones that taste most natural and pure to me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Argentina
Looking good. It will be interesting to see what you will end up with because most of commercial tomatoes and peppers are some type of hybrids and do not come true from seed.

interesting indeed,

The tomato seeds are from 2 different tomatoes, and the pepper seeds are from a few different peppers that looked the same to me, so again, it will be a complete surprise since they are probably hybrids. Hopefully they will be tasty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
Take a look at my small garden below.

Hot peppers and tomatoes. Saved seeds from veggies bought at local produce markets. I have 12 pepper plants (20 more coming) and about 14 tomatoes

All of this looks really good. Taking care of all these plants will certainly keep you busy, but the yield from them would be worth it all. If you have to give a few of them away because of space, well that may be the best way to go, but I hope you will find a way to keep them all until you can move to the other area which would give you a lot more space.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Argentina
500 square is a good sized area! As long as they get sun and regular feeding, you will be amazed at the amount of plants you can cram into your space.

I know, I am exited. I may go into business. The area is the terrace. It's huge and has a lot of sun exposure.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those look great! I'm so excited for you! You will be so busy taking care of all of those, but it will be so worth it! Wish you could give me some of them! :D But, seriously, when you get the space your plants are gonna have plenty of room to grow and spread out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Argentina
Just want to provide an update for you guys to show how much my plants have grown.

how to capture screen

2 tomato plants. I gave 12 of them away because it would end up being too much for me to handle.

screenshot on pc

These pepper plants are only 4 weeks old and are doing quite well. I removed them from direct sunlight as they did not appear to be able to handle the high temperatures. I will keep them indoors for another 4 weeks, top them, then move them outside when it gets slightly cooler.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Your plants definitely look healthy, and have been cultivated very proficiently, but there is a possible problem; if the fruit from which the seeds came were F1 hybrids, you may end up with inedible, or unpleasant fruit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Argentina
Your plants definitely look healthy, and have been cultivated very proficiently, but there is a possible problem; if the fruit from which the seeds came were F1 hybrids, you may end up with inedible, or unpleasant fruit.

Yes, I am aware of that, however, time will tell. I was just practicing for when I buy some heirloom seeds soon.

Ask a Question