Help with an aloe plant

Reaction score
I have an aloe plant that was starting to get too big for the pot it was in. I re-potted a couple weeks ago, and now it's in horrible shape. This isn't the first time it's been re-potted - it started as a tiny little thing. It was always healthy and constantly growing. I have it sitting in the same spot as it was before, it just seems to be struggling now. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Aloe plants can grow really big... and the bigger the pot the harder it is to transplant them later on! I put mine in the soil, since it only kept getting bigger and bigger, now the plant seems to be doing fine and not growing much, but it's getting full of new plants! It has even started blooming!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm not sure, I'm guessing it's still in the same location that it was in prior to repotting? Also what kind of soil have you used?

Reaction score
I have an aloe plant that was starting to get too big for the pot it was in. I re-potted a couple weeks ago, and now it's in horrible shape. This isn't the first time it's been re-potted - it started as a tiny little thing. It was always healthy and constantly growing. I have it sitting in the same spot as it was before, it just seems to be struggling now. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately not so easy to know what to suggest - as although Aloe plants are pretty hardy and are rarely affected by anything much other than being over watered or subjected to very low temperatures - they do sometimes have small problems related to light exposure and watering regimes - which without specific symptoms it is very difficult to solve - so if you were able to supply us with a bit more detail as to what you mean by - yours is in a horrible state and struggling - think we would all be able to help you better - in finding a solution to your problem :)

Reaction score
Can you post a photo of it and zero in on the most troublesome spot on the plant. Repotting can upset plants as can changing their watering and sunlight habits.

Reaction score
My son received an Aloe Plant from his grandmother a week ago. She gave it to him to help heal a burn he has. He has been breaking pieces of the plant off and now it looks terrible. I have beautiful plants that are healthy and this plant sticks out like a sore thumb, will the leaves grow back out or what should I expect does anyone know what I should do?:(

Ask a Question