Help me identify those two house plants

Reaction score
Country
Guatemala
Now, I live in Guatemala as my profile says. As I'm saving one gygantic Dieffenbachia now (as a total amateur, but I did a lot of reading) - I would like to identify other plants we have in a house. And in the garden as well, but I want to start with our house first.
Now, on those two pics are two different plants, but I want to discover if they belong to same species, and what species that is. Or, maybe they are different species. I tried using google pictures, but wasn't able to find anything. Is anyone able to help? I would be very grateful for any hint.

SAM_4825.JPG
SAM_4826.JPG

Reaction score
Country
Guatemala
I think I identified those myself. They belong to Euphorbiaceae family, most likely both belong to Codiaeum variegatum species, native in Indonesia, Philippines, New Guinea. English word used for them is rushfoil or croton. Greener one I attributed to species "Sloppy painter" and the other, more red to species Croton Petra. Both are common here in Guatemala.

Ask a Question