Hello! Very new to gardens!

Reaction score
Hello!

Last year my husband and I decided to try to grow a veggie garden. We had no idea what we were doing and planted the tomatoes too late so we never got any. However, our cucumbers took over everything! We ended up with 60 jars of pickles by the end of the summer!

This year I was really wanting to get a good garden going. However, I did no research and here I am in late April with nothing in the ground. :(

We also have a 4 year old daughter so I was wanting to do a worm bin with her as a fun summer project. There is a worm farm close to me that sells red worms for bins.

Of course, my husband thinks I've gone crazy. :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
If this is going to be your first garden, it might be best to go to a store like Lowes or Home Depot (not sure where you live) or some local place where you can buy plants. Get plants for veggies that you enjoy eating. You can either make a little garden area for them, or even easier, put them in planters and grow them on the patio, or somewhere that they can get sun and water, and you can easily look after them.
If you look on Youtube, there are wonderful tutorial videos for just about any plant that you want to grow, and also ones about container gardening.
That will give you a manageable size garden for this year, while you watch some videos, and get ideas for a bigger and better garden next year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard, great to have you here! (y)

Wow, that sure is a lot of jars of pickles!! :D

Ask a Question