Hello, from Australia!

Reaction score
G'day there mate!

My name is Blue and I'm from Australia. have recently become fascinated with plants ever since my father and I took a maidenhair fern (Adiantum Aethiopicum) cutting, section, thing...from one of our friends houses. 6 months down the track it is flourishing with absolutely no care, minus a water every now and then. Then we moved houses and we were given two jade plants, more commonly known as money trees (Crassula Ovata) and they are thriving, then again they are succulents and aren't too hard to look after. I also have had a pineapple plant for about a year and a half now, which started out as one of the tops of a pineapple and is now...well...bigger than it was back then. It has not provided us with any fruit as of yet, but when it does I bet it will taste awesome!

Last night my father came home with a mint plant, a parsley plant and a strawberry plant. his exact words were "Do whatever you want with them, just don't kill them."

I plan on leaving them near a sunny window, as we don't really have anywhere else to put them. I understand plants reach for light, so I'll have to turn the pot around once a week, and they require water, so I'll water them when I turn them during the week. Its winter here in Australia, so the plants don't need as much water (in summer I water my plants 2-3 times a week). I hope they survive.

So again, hello!

Reaction score
Thanks Becky, Thanks firelily99. I hope t learn lots as I'm very interested in plants.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
G'day Blue, welcome to Gardening Forums

Ask a Question