Hello from Andalucia!

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hello everybody, have a great Thanksgiving Day!

My real name is Lucia and I live in the only desert in Europe - in the south of Spain. I have green fingers when I can, but I only have a small garden at home. However... a friend of mine has a large property and she's asking for help, so I'm considering moving on from a small trough like plot, to what could become a fabulous project in the near future.

I shall keep you posted about this, we're still researching for all the information we need for this to happen, but next year sounds good for a start.

OK, just saying hello here, but I do have a question about whether goji berries can be planted in desert-like weather. It does get over 50C in the summer! I may need to find a good place for this question in the forum, but I wonder if anybody knows about this off-hand... :-D

Many thanks indeed,
L

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome!

No clue about goji berries, I live in a very different climate to you. My brother lives in Barcelona. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Welcome, welcome! Spain is somewhere I would love to visit someday. I imagine that gardening in desert climate conditions would present a number of challenges - very different to the terrain I have to deal with here in Japan! Hopefully someone in similar conditions will be able to give you some pointers! :)

Ask a Question