Heavy rain turning to sleet

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
This morning a real change in the weather today.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is really common in my are during the spring months. One minute it will be sunny and then it will rain. The rain turns into sleet or hail, and then the sun comes out again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Scotkat, after reading your post I decided to not complain about our high winds! Springtime weather, as Rosyrain said, is so darned changeable.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
For some reason I like the high winds that come with spring. It is kind of refreshing in a way. The wind is warm and it airs out my house nicely when I have all the windows open. I live a short distance from the ocean, so we get a lot of wind in the spring and fall months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our weather has changed too! We had a couple of decent weather and yesterday we got snow on and the temperature dropped. There is nothing to do for the garden right now, not even weeding out and remove dead branches!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Our weather has changed too! We had a couple of decent weather and yesterday we got snow on and the temperature dropped. There is nothing to do for the garden right now, not even weeding out and remove dead branches!
Your snow is now becoming my snow. :rolleyes:
Please make it stop!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Cold today and snow is just skirting the outer edges of my community.

I was hoping to be done with my bout of cabin fever. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your snow is now becoming my snow. :rolleyes:
Please make it stop!
Oh you are lucky I didn't send you another one from yesterday! I am just so tired with this cold and shoveling snow already. I wish I could just make it go away!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Oh you are lucky I didn't send you another one from yesterday! I am just so tired with this cold and shoveling snow already. I wish I could just make it go away!
You wouldn't know it to look outside, but we did have snow last night also. A chilly 33 out there now, brrrr. ;-)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It was really funny yesterday because we had one of those weird weather patterns that I described above. The weather was cold and sunny for the most part, then it rained for a while, and we got dumped on with hail in the late afternoon. I laughed over it because I remembered that I had described this very weather senario on this thread. It was even more strange since we have not had snow at all this year.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The winds in my area were very high yesterday although the weather report said it got up to 60 degrees it did not feel like it. It is cold out today due to the rain and temperature dropped. My eyes are sore, I have a headache and need to find something to help with these weather changes that cause my allergies to go haywire.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
We are still waking up to the chickens water trough being covered in ice. It gets really cold at night. We chose not to plant yet and when we do, we are doing grow boxes that we can control (to an extent) the temperature inside. Kind of being blocked from what we want to do at the moment anyway, so have to wait.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
We get an occasional frost but are lucky to have the Gulf Stream and the North Atlantic Drift keep the southern part of our country milder.

Our early Spring flowers have been doing well this year with plenty of bloom. One of our Camellias is already finishing blooming!

Ask a Question