Happy Thanksgiving

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Although this is a multi-national forum, I'd still like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving day to all who celebrate the holiday. Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, perhaps you can celebrate all the things you have to be thankful for.
I am thankful for a good garden, a rose in bloom in late November, the good honey our bees made, and our hens are very thankful they are not turkeys!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Happy Thanksgiving to all those members in the Colonies :)

Reaction score
Although this is a multi-national forum, I'd still like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving day to all who celebrate the holiday. Even if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, perhaps you can celebrate all the things you have to be thankful for.
I am thankful for a good garden, a rose in bloom in late November, the good honey our bees made, and our hens are very thankful they are not turkeys!

Whether it's Thanksgiving or not i make my endeavor to be thankful...each and every day that we wake to a new day is something great to be thankful for...not to mention when we have good health and is surrounded by loving families and friends.(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I've been in the States for 10 years, and I love this holiday and its food! :D

I remember the first year I celebrated Thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's (may she rest in peace). She asked me if we celebrated Thanksgiving in Catalonia. I replied "no ma'am, we didn't have Indians over there" :D

I can be a smart-as$ sometimes LOL! :p

Reaction score
Do the other nations represented on this board celebrate Thanksgiving? I had heard that the British farmers would have a harvest festival.

I know that Canadians Celebrate Thanksgiving but on a different date, and I think that Mexicans do not celebrate it at all!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
There are some parochial harvest festivals in the UK, but there is nothing like Thanksgiving US-style.

In fact our PC-crypto-fascist authorities, both local and national would prefer it if no Christian holidays were mentioned.

Easter break at school is now usually called "Spring Break" and Christmastime is the "Festive Season".

Reaction score
There are some parochial harvest festivals in the UK, but there is nothing like Thanksgiving US-style.

In fact our PC-crypto-fascist authorities, both local and national would prefer it if no Christian holidays were mentioned.

Easter break at school is now usually called "Spring Break" and Christmastime is the "Festive Season".
It is just as bad out here: A school may reconsider busing the kids to see a classic Christmas ballet because the setting is Christmas day, and there will be a Christmas tree on the stage. Silly, isn't it?

At any rate, Thanksgiving can be a lot of fun! If I can, I use produce from my garden for part of the meal. This year we still had bell peppers in the refrigerator so I used a pretty red one in the salad: I was tempted to also add some frozen sweet corn but I did not think people would eat sweet corn because it would have to compete with the pie on the table. My husband and I both enjoy salads, but once sweet corn has been frozen it is no longer as good!

I am afraid we are terribly spoiled when it comes to vegetables. We are used to having them freshly picked from my garden, and it has spoiled the taste of most frozen ones!

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone that has celebrated it and hope you had a wonderful time with family and friends. It is a fantastic time of the year, the build up to Christmas.

Ask a Question