Guyabano

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Known for it's health benefits, guyabano or soursop is very expensive here in the Philippines. Thus, we decided to plant our own a week ago. However, I noticed that the plant seemed to be wilting. We water it everyday, and give it fertilizer. I don't know why it seems to be dying still.

Can anyone tell me what to do to recover this plant? It's very important to me because we make tea out of the leaves of the guyabano regularly. Thank you very much!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Known for it's health benefits, guyabano or soursop is very expensive here in the Philippines. Thus, we decided to plant our own a week ago. However, I noticed that the plant seemed to be wilting. We water it everyday, and give it fertilizer. I don't know why it seems to be dying still.

Can anyone tell me what to do to recover this plant? It's very important to me because we make tea out of the leaves of the guyabano regularly. Thank you very much!
Did you transplant your tree into ground or is it still in the pot and how big is the pot? Are the leaves curling and the tips turning brown? How big is the tree?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Did you transplant your tree into ground or is it still in the pot and how big is the pot? Are the leaves curling and the tips turning brown? How big is the tree?

The tree is already planted into the ground. The tips are also turning brown already. I think that it is already about 4 feet tall. It would be a shame if I won't be able to save it especially since it really is beneficial.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The tree is already planted into the ground. The tips are also turning brown already. I think that it is already about 4 feet tall. It would be a shame if I won't be able to save it especially since it really is beneficial.
If you are watering every day that is too much. Stop watering and fertilizing. Water when the soil is dry about 3 inches deep water deeply and thourghly. Water overnight with a slow drip You cannot water a plant too much but you will kill a plant by watering too often

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qcurrys

Latest Threads