Growing cucumbers

Reaction score
I have 7 plants growing from one pot that was in a greenhouse. I need to separate these plants into my big box on the porch. How far do they need to be apart so they don't kill out the other plants?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have 7 plants growing from one pot that was in a greenhouse. I need to separate these plants into my big box on the porch. How far do they need to be apart so they don't kill out the other plants?
I usually plant my cucs about 9" apart but I think 4" would be the minimum.

Reaction score
Yeah, I currently have eight of them growing that are four inches a part, I would advise a bit more room as they are like turning into one giant plant. Doesn't seem to slow their growth of Cucumbers I have gotten though, I have already made a giant jar of Pickles from one harvest and there are still more on the way.

Reaction score
just to let you know they do like to grow out and spread. I learned that having something for them to climb helps keep the veggies up off the ground :)

Ask a Question