Greetings from Utah

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hey everyone!

Just joined the forum and figured I'd do a little introduction post. My name's Adam. I just moved back to my hometown in southern Utah after spending 6 years out of state. My wife, our 4-year-old-son, our German Shepherd mix pup, two cats, and myself are currently staying with my parents while we work on buying our first house. My mom and dad have been gardening my entire life and now my wife and I are dreaming of having our own garden as soon as possible. We've been growing various plants in pots for about the last year now. Still learning the tricks of the trade, but we're getting the hang of it. We also have dreams of having a small homestead.

Anyway, here's some photos:
IMG_1969.JPG IMG_2179.JPG IMG_5743.JPG image1 (1).JPG image2 (1).JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10-B
Country
United States
Hi there! Gardening must be tough in Utah, with all the desert land. Do you grow mostly drought-resistant plants, or do you try to grow all types? In any case, welcome to the forums and it will be nice to hear updates about your vegetable garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
It looks so peaceful there - a nice contrast to busy Tokyo where I am living right now!

Glad you found the forums here, and I'm looking forward to seeing more adventures from your garden!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi there! Gardening must be tough in Utah, with all the desert land. Do you grow mostly drought-resistant plants, or do you try to grow all types? In any case, welcome to the forums and it will be nice to hear updates about your vegetable garden.

My mom has been growing all kinds of stuff for years. For the most part where we are in Utah is pretty good for growing. We're in a valley here. Lots of farm land. Mostly alfalfa and corn in mass quantities, but just about everyone in my tiny little home town has a garden in their back yard.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Thanks for joining us. I am sure that you'll learn more about gardening since you've shown interest. We've been here for sometime now and we've managed to share a lot. Feel free to ask and we can share more about our experiences.

Ask a Question