Green ice mini

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This little guy keeps blooming all season. He likes the partial shade and the soil damp but not wet, I feed him in the spring when the new growth starts, other than that I just let him be living with the weeds that I can't all ways get too. the more shade he gets the greener the flowers get. The flowers start out white and then turn to a soft Apricot then green, This is the only mini that ever made it here and it seems to be happy I've had him in the same spot for all most 10 years.

Ice mint rose 003.JPG Ice mint rose 002.JPG Ice mint rose 003.JPG Ice mint rose 004.JPG Ice mint rose 005.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
That's a cute name. I think I have a plant that looks like this . I had picked it up when I had gone to visit a friend who is no more and so each time I look at it that reminds me of my friend.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This is the only mini rose that I've had any luck with, I think they don't like to be moved or fussed with to much. I got it at Heirloom Roses, the price is not bad $20.00 plus free shipping would be about what I paid for mine about 10 or so years ago.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
This is the only mini rose that I've had any luck with, I think they don't like to be moved or fussed with to much. I got it at Heirloom Roses, the price is not bad $20.00 plus free shipping would be about what I paid for mine about 10 or so years ago.
Roses remain if they are properly cared for.Here roses don't do well.

Reaction score
Hehehehe, I love hoe you refer to it as a ''he'', I liked to do that all the time, but I prefered to think all my plants were all ''she'' :p Your ice mini is beautiful! I can honestly say I had never seen a green flower before, I thought that couldn't be found in the nature. Thanks for sharing :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Some of my plants are he and some are she, I picked up the habit from my Mom :)and if I can't remember the name of a plant I just say its a Whatchamacallit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are beautiful to see! I have not called any plant a "he" so I love how you called it. Plants, trees, flowers, have always been a "she" for me :)

I have one mini rose plant and it is blooming now. The size is smaller than a penny.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States

Coincidence! Heirloom Roses dot com happened to be the link I posted. I'm pondering a sunny perennial bed spot (I have tons of trees so sunny spots are at a premium here) and that site has lots of beautiful roses.

Also I have quite a few Whatchamacallit plants. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
He's beautiful!!! He's one of the prettiest miniature roses I've ever seen:)
Some time ago, I received a rose with green petals, but now all its flowers are pale orange.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
He's beautiful!!! He's one of the prettiest miniature roses I've ever seen:)
Some time ago, I received a rose with green petals, but now all its flowers are pale orange.
It may be getting to much sun. Mine does better with about 4 hours of full sun and the rest of the day in bright shade.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It may be getting to much sun. Mine does better with about 4 hours of full sun and the rest of the day in bright shade.
I don't think my rose is getting too much sun. I grow it indoors in a west facing window. It looks very healthy. The only problem is that it changed its color;)

Ask a Question