Grass seed

Reaction score
Country
United States
We drove trucks around our backyard again while doing construction this fall, and now my yard is a mud pit. I'm going to buy a giant bag of grass seed as soon as the ground thaws. Does anyone have any tips as to how to help it grow quickly? My main concern is that I have 5 dogs who run around out there, and I guess I'm afraid the seeds won't take if they're trampled alot, but I have zero experience growing grass LOL

Reaction score
Country
United States
Once the seeds are sowed, the only thing you really have to do is water/feed it (if needed) and keep people off of it. The dogs may cause problems, but probably nothing major.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
So, I'm not a grass expert; I was even thinking of getting rid of the grass in front my home until I saw this golf course grass seed we have at work. (Very tempting...)

My advice is to put stakes in the ground around the area in question and section it off with snow fencing. You're just going to have to keep the dogs away from the area as best you can. Every thing grows faster in spring, but how your grass grows will depend on the variety and growing conditions.

Ask a Question