Good morning, afternoon, or evening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Depending on where you live of course! My screen name should give everyone a good idea of where I hang my hat. Been living on Long Island my entire life, and except for these past couple of brutal winters, I wouldn't have it any other way. For roughly two months now I have been searching for a garden forum, that has some life in it. Let me tell ya, it ain't an easy task. One was filled with nothing but spammers. Another was less gracious to new comers, and another was just too technical for my old tired brain. So I searched some more, and found you guys! I was looking for a friendly, spontaneous site, and may have found the one that will end my quest.

While I do plant some annuals I am turning into a perennial junkie. My main goal is to plant any, and everything that can, and will help Mother Natures critters. My side yard which is roughly 50'x50' is mostly grass, with a few raised veggie beds thrown in. The veggie beds, and grass will hopefully disappear starting this year. It was part of the yard that the kids used when they were younger, and is no longer necessary. I also have plans in my head to put a shallow meandering stream thru my plantings, with (maybe) a bog as well. It should be quite an exciting project that, I'm sure will keep me busy for a few years. Happy to be here, and wish me luck!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice to meet you, I'm Shane. Pretty indepth intro you got there, nice to see someone take time other than "Hi!"

Luck has been wished. Enjoy the new season, and may the plants be ever in your favor.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nice to meet you, I'm Shane. Pretty indepth intro you got there, nice to see someone take time other than "Hi!"

Luck has been wished. Enjoy the new season, and may the plants be ever in your favor.
Thanks, I've been known to be a little chatty. ;-)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Welcome! Hopefully we'll all be able to keep up the fun gardening chat til last frost then carry on with sharing our hands on gardening activities.

The more the merrier!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Welcome! Hopefully we'll all be able to keep up the fun gardening chat til last frost then carry on with sharing our hands on gardening activities.

The more the merrier!
Ouch! You're gonna have a longer wait than I, unless that balmy weather scoots over from Alaska.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Ouch! You're gonna have a longer wait than I, unless that balmy weather scoots over from Alaska.

I have decided that at 11 hours of daylight I am going to fire up the heat in my little 6x8 greenhouse, even if only to go out and imagine being surrounded by greenery - and to heck with the cost !!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I have decided that at 11 hours of daylight I am going to fire up the heat in my little 6x8 greenhouse, even if only to go out and imagine being surrounded by greenery - and to heck with the cost !!!
I'm liking you already. Damn the torpedoes!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
I don't know what I was thinking. Too many meds. Anyway, welcome... I'm new here too and I'm still checking this stuff out. Have fun :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I don't know what I was thinking. Too many meds. Anyway, welcome... I'm new here too and I'm still checking this stuff out. Have fun :)

Oh! I'm having fun alright. So far this group is right up my alley. I've posted more here in one day than iv'e posted in a week on the other site I was at. *You guys rock!*

Ask a Question