Garden music. garden party.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Let me begin by saying that I am all for the natural sounds that the garden provides. I love to hear the wind, birds, frogs, bees, etc. However, sometimes you need a different type of ambiance.

In regards to music, I would highly recommend the Sonos music system. Matched with a pair of good outdoor rock speakers you are well on your way. Browse to the type of music you're in the mood for on Pandora, Kitaro radio - in my case, and enjoy the day or evening.

I'll use two words to describe such a system, "Garden Party." Whether your party is for two or twenty, music is the perfect compliment. Accent lighting also ranks up there at the top.

I look forward to hearing other's ideas on garden parties, music, lighting, and the like.

Please note that not affliated with Sonos, except for the fact that I am a very happy customer.

Reaction score
I had a pair of infinity speakers on my patio but they need to be replaced as they are quite old. I have been looking for other options out there and haven't quite found what I am looking for. Will have to check out the Sonos system. I also like garden lighting as long as it is done tastefully.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I have a real old. radio that always sits outside on top of my electric. Meter
I looks real rough but plays great music

Reaction score
though I do not hold garden parties, I and my friends use my garden in our yoga sessions and meditations, and sometimes, a spa and massage venue. Among those, the one we love most would be the spa and massage. The scenic garden add character to our activity. And one time, I had an idea of putting speakers there and a soothing kind of music played whilst we were having the spa and massage session. It was so calming and relaxing! The venue of different shades of green, the wind touching our skin, and the calming sound coming from my mp3... that was the perfect spa and massage session we had ever!

Reaction score
i have two sets of marcato outdoor speakers on my deck. i tried to add a link to a set on ebay right now but i can't.

the ones on ebay are kinda expensive anyway (relatively speaking. i think they originally listed for $4-500), but at one time a bunch of places were clearing them out and they do come up on ebay for better prices every once in a while. i got mine for $99 a set and back then saw them go as low as half that.

anyway, they're a sub/sattelite system with two small speakers that look like the top of fence posts (with a built in light, but it's pretty dim), and a sub that goes under the deck. i've had them for about 4 years and they still play and sound real good

mine are part of an outdoor home theater idea i've been trying to work out since i've been in the house (i work kinda slow). i could post a bunch of unfinished project pics (really, think long and hard before you say "let's see 'em"), but if you're on the garden pond forum or backyard theater forum there are somewhat more detailed descriptions there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Usually, I don't listen to music when I'm in my garden - even when I'm hosting a party - so I don't need any outdoor speakers . I just prefer the sounds of the nature. But there is one song that always feels like spring to me - it's Flower Duet from Léo Delibes' opera Lakmé - oh yes, I'm a big opera fan:D . I adore it! I could listen to it all day long.

Reaction score
We have these lining the path to our back yard. They look great and really light up the path. I've seen them online for about $10 for two, cheap I think !

Attachments

• file_30_11.jpg
    file_30_11.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 467
Reaction score
We have these lining the path to our back yard. They look great and really light up the path. I've seen them online for about $10 for two, cheap I think !
Those are quite lovely indeed. I do have music on my patio, but when I am alone, I prefer the natural sounds of the birds and the wind and some wooden chimes I have outside.

Reaction score
I'd love to host garden parties for my friends and relatives in the future... me and my boyfriend plan to get a nice house when we move to the Netherlands, we will start with a small apartment, but we will climb the ladder little by little ;)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
When we have parties on the deck during the summer we have the music going, there are tiki torches in the yard and christmas tree lights on the deck for ambiance. In the evening it looks very pretty.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
My garden is designed with birds in mind. There is a pleasing cacophony that we hear day in and day out coming mostly from the cuckoos who love what they get to eat in our garden. The birdbath is yet another attraction that brings in countless birds with different chirps. Here is a video clip. I have called it the 'Opera in 'B"Minor' :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I'm "old school" when it comes to music.
I have a vintage hi-fi tuner amp, turntable, cassette deck and modern CD/DVD player in our front room.
But prefer a bit a bit of nostalgia with these. Well...actually I have two. But I can include contemporary stuff as it's all on mp3s

But for lazy afternoons and evenings in the garden, with or without company you can't beat one of these. Or two...

My selections, are 50/60/70/80 pop, Motown & Soul, Jazz standards and some Doo-wop. nothing of course beyond the age of 45rpm records. Teenage kids of friends and relatives are fascinated by them, I tell them they're "300lb i-pods." Older visitors really love them, as they remind them of their (and my) youth. Some have difficulty reading the title cards.
When they ask if they can have a go. I always say "Of course...put your money in."
But I have to give them some coins to use as they take "old money."

Ask a Question