Garden memories

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Anyone who has a garden would have bought plants, flicked plants and there must be many plants that would have been gifted. My garden has such a collection and the plant that you see in the image was gifted to us by our gardener who worked for us for 10 years. Gardens can tell stories. Every plant has a story to tell. For example when I look at this plant thoughts go on this gardener who was a great worker and did a fine job. He was mute and we used to talk to him in sign language. He would 'talk' so much that we had to quieten him down. Shall get back with another plant with some other memory.

achita.jpg

Reaction score
I had some plants that reminded me of my father, because he was the one who brought me the cuttings. To this day if I see those plants I still think of him, some more than others. I'd rather think of my mom, sadly she wasn't into plants :( So never gave me any :p

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I had some plants that reminded me of my father, because he was the one who brought me the cuttings. To this day if I see those plants I still think of him, some more than others. I'd rather think of my mom, sadly she wasn't into plants :( So never gave me any :p

If I have the patience I am planning to write about al lthose plants that have memories.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Many plants in my parents' garden remind me of my aunt, because it's her who planted them.
All my miniature roses were gifts from my boyfriend, so I think about him with love whenever they bloom:love::D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
In the house I grew up in the plants that I remember the most are morning glories. There was a vine of morning glories in the back outside by bedroom window. I don't think I have ever had morning glories as an adult but when I think of that house I see the plants.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What a beautiful variegated Spiral Ginger. I believe this is Hellenia speciosa 'Foster's Variegated'. Hellenia species have been formerly included within Cheilocostus or Costus. I will consider this a new memory.
Anyone who has a garden would have bought plants, flicked plants and there must be many plants that would have been gifted. My garden has such a collection and the plant that you see in the image was gifted to us by our gardener who worked for us for 10 years. Gardens can tell stories. Every plant has a story to tell. For example when I look at this plant thoughts go on this gardener who was a great worker and did a fine job. He was mute and we used to talk to him in sign language. He would 'talk' so much that we had to quieten him down. Shall get back with another plant with some other memory.

View attachment 6503

Ask a Question