Garden Grounds of Okazaki Castle, Japan

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Another one of our road trip vacation stops was in the town of Okazaki, which has a lovely castle to stop by at.

Just wanted to share a couple of quick pictures I snapped of the trees surrounding the castle and a garden area there.

Hope you enjoy these snippets of Japanese garden life!!

The leaves were only JUST starting to change here, which surprised me a little! I was expecting more reds and yellows to be seen! Still beautiful nonetheless!

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0924.jpg

Beautiful, I thought!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I agree, they are beautiful and very relaxing to see! I love how green everything still is!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Beautiful! I love Japanese architecture too, it's just so elegant :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I agree, they are beautiful and very relaxing to see! I love how green everything still is!

I was surprised too! Here in Tokyo prefecture we have some pretty bare looking trees, lots of leaves on the ground and everything that is still on the trees seems to be yellow rather than green! It was a nice change of pace to see green again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love it! This white palace looks beeautiful. Japanese gardens and architecture are absolutely amazing, please keep posting pictures of them:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Wonderful place. Few years ago, I looked up "the number one garden in the world" as I recall it was in Japan, do not recall the name. Perhaps I should look it up again and plan a visit. would be nice to latch onto tours to gardens of certain areas of the world also. Bucket list.

Ask a Question