Garden Greenhouse Building Steps - Ideas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Wow - that sure is one epic looking greenhouse!

I love the fact that it uses recycled materials, too. My goal eventually is to be self sustainable, and building a structure like this would be a whole lot more friendly on my budget if I could source recycled materials like old windows and things like that!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
What a fantastic greenhouse and you already have things growing! All the wood beams look amazing too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's so big! It's a wonderful greenhouse. You did an amazing job. I've never built anything, but I'm sure it's not easy.

Reaction score
Your greenhouse is huge o_O Really amazing! What are you planing to grow over there? I could only dream of having a greenhouse this big, I will be getting a really tiny one... if only we didn't have that ugly wet shed taking that valuable space.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow! I really love this! I want to build a greenhouse this year, but a bit smaller as I live in a neighborhood currently. When we move to a more rural area in a couple years, I intend to build a larger one!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Belgium
Wow, this is a really nice and big greenhouse! We will have to build one before next winter, but I don't think it will look this good :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your greenhouse has inspired me. I like the idea of using recycled materials as much as you can when building something new.

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I am envious of your greenhouse; but it has motivated me to speed up the process of getting mine built. Which means I must work twice as hard to get a piece of land that would occupy a home and a greenhouse. You @jardinier have got me thinking of retirement early.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Has anyone built a greenhouse out of old single pane windows? I live in the New England area and there is an over abundance of old single pane windows for sale. What I was thinking about doing is framing out the structure with 2x4's then installing the windows into the structure.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
The greenhouse looks gigantic and very professional. I would like to know some of the crops you are growing inside there. Makes of remember of a greenhouse I was planning to purchase sometime ago called the Amiran Farming Kit. I really appreciate your initiative to use recycled materials.

Ask a Question