Garden bed soil

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello anyone or all. I been searching the internet for garden bed soils.

I bought two fabric containers for our fall garden which will be protected by the cold and

have great sun light exposure throughout the day. Based on the Arizona fall garden recommendations.

I guess plants that don’t need bees to pollenate. What soil categories do I need to obtain at home depot?

Do I grab a all-in-one bag mix and start from seed? Or do I need to mix together 3 different bags for the garden bed?

Any helpful tips would help me buy the correct bags to “dump” into my fabric garden bed. Should I buy plants or start from seed?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome.

First, I would recommend a locally owned garden center (if you have one available) rather than Home Despot. :p Generally better products, better and more knowledgeable customer service, and supporting local business is always a good thing!
OK off my soap box...

I'm in a very different climate but have always had good luck with a general container/potting mix, with some good compost mixed in, for my containers. IMHO the Miracle Gro "all in one" stuff is overpriced dirt and will be spent within six months.

As to seed v starter plants, pros and cons for both. You probably will find a much wider variety of cultivars by seed, so if you have the light and space and extra time, go with seeds. On the other hand, healthy starter plants will be flowering/producing in weeks instead of months. I have such a short growing season I usually buy already-started plants, but it's also very rewarding growing from seed! And of course somewhat cheaper.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to say welcome to the forum :)

Ask a Question