Front flower beds

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Grouie, this is for you in return for your kind comment about wondering what the front beds looked like.
Front Bed 2.jpg
Front Bed 4.jpg
Crimson cascade on fence.jpg

And this last photo is one of a pair of Crimson Cascade roses flanking the driveway.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
You have so much space! I can barely figure out what to put where in my little city garden. If I had your yard I'd probably go overboard with lots of little gardens for cutting flowers, roses, herbs, edibles, evergreens... What are all the plants in the first photo?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Chanelle, to the right of the gargoyle is a white blooming salvia greggii which is not in bloom, then an antique rose Old Blush with Silver Queen artemesia in back of it, a planting of native gladiolus showing red, a Bon Silene rose in back of that, a clump of delphiniums, and a young Mountain Laurel at the end of the bed with an ornamental grass behind it.
It's easy to go overboard! Fortunately my husband is more practical and held me back from going completely bonkers. Every time I weed and cultivate, I go inside and thank him!

Reaction score
You are so lucky for having so much space to work with, I don't know what I'd do with so much space :O I'd not know what to do with myself ;) Very beautiful plants! You are using your space very wisely :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely MG :)

You want to keep an eye on that Gargoyle though, they're bothers for nipping buds off.

I got knocked out by one working on a church once, they don't move if you stand up under them :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your garden is so big!:) It's absolutely wonderful! I love the Crimson Cascade rose. To be honest, I think it's one of the most beautiful rose plants I've ever seen.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Thanks. I knew what to expect! :) You sure have a back breaking job keeping all that space buzzing with activity. (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like you have a huge yard with no obstruction from anything and a wonderful garden there! Your flowers are gorgeous!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I must say that even though I enjoy these gardens, especially Crimson Cascade Roses! I really miss such a big space in my place for photographing flowers and happiness. I'm always busy. My time never allows me to do that, but I love gardening and will definitely do this kinda work as soon as possible.

Ask a Question