Flower syrups

Reaction score
discovered lavender syrup a few months ago online and decided I would attempt to grow and concoct my own. Since then I've discovered that all types of flower syrups exist (most people use them for cocktails and adding floral flavors to champagne/sparkling wine). All pretty new to me, not too common here in Texas.
Rose.jpg

lavender-lemonade.jpg

The lavender lemonade looks amazing!

Any of you ever had any? How'd you like it?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never heard about flower syrups before! I love the idea of it, it's so romantic:D Lavender lemonade looks beautiful, like a decoration, I wonder if it's tasty. I hope I'll be able to buy some of these syrups here, in my country. I'll look for them.

Reaction score
What a wonderful find, you now have the means to start your own little home business. You can make your own flower syrups, bottle them with nice stickers and sell them at markets. I would definitely be a client of yours. Flower syrups I have heard of are, elder flower, lavender, rose, rose hip and chamomile. I am sure if you do your homework as to edible flowers you might even discover a few new flowers to make syrup from.

Reaction score
I've heard of flower syrups, flower candies and edible flowers. My favorite flower flavored candy is C. Howard's violet candies and gum. I used to buy them at the hospital when my daughter was small and had respiratory problems,
but they also sell them on Amazon.

61WBNETOqFL._AA160_.jpg

There's also this French brand of violet candies that have a little anise flavor in them.
51rIoZQgsUL._AA160_.jpg

If you have trouble finding flower syrups for your baking and beverages,
I found this assortment of flower syrups on Amazon, it has rose, violet/lavender, and orange blossoms syrups.

51m1UAWbAJL._SL190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg

So, Mela, have you had any luck making your own flower syrups?
Heck I think even herb syrups like lemon balm syrup would be delicious.
If you figure out how to safely infuse simple sugar syrup with flower essence, I'd love to hear how you did it. Some of the store bought flower syrups are kind of expensive.

Reaction score
Wow, this is certainly different. What would you do with this?
These are Greek candied rose petals preserved in syrup, it's like a jar of fruit in syrup except that it's rose petals. What do the Greeks use these for? You don't see these every day.

41jSXVQLFjL._SY445_.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This all sounds so yummy, girly and romantic! I must find violet candies somewhere as well as these candied rose petals.
Flower syrups look magical, just look at this:

4985-2w0h0_Wild_Flower_Company_Hibiscus_Flowers_Syrup.jpg

Reaction score
Not yet! But I'm hoping to make my own when my flowers bloom. The violet candies look interesting. I wonder what they taste like.
Claudine that picture is wonderful! 0_0 I really hope it's as tasty as it is beautiful

Reaction score
What a wonderful find, you now have the means to start your own little home business. You can make your own flower syrups, bottle them with nice stickers and sell them at markets. I would definitely be a client of yours. Flower syrups I have heard of are, elder flower, lavender, rose, rose hip and chamomile. I am sure if you do your homework as to edible flowers you might even discover a few new flowers to make syrup from.
That IS a great idea for a home business. I'd never even thought of that. *does more research*

Reaction score
We make hibiscus syrup.. it is said to be great for some gynecological problems. Rose syrup is added to many sweets we make and in drinks we serve. I have not heard of others flower syrups. I basically think there is not much to it that sugar syrup. But the candied roses are delicious to eat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Maddie, do you buy these candied roses or maybe you have a recipe?:) It sounds and looks wonderful, I'd love to try it!

candied+rose+petals.jpg

And here is violet syrup, if it tastes as good as it looks and as it smells, it must be the most delicious!:D

violet%20syrup.jpg

Reaction score
We make the candied roses with unrefined sugar cubes. We melt them and add rose petals to it.. Ghee is also added to it. This is great for expectant mothers as rose is said to contain huge quantities of iron. Actually it is made with a deep red sweet smelling rose. The smell could be cloying if you stand in one of those gardens cultivated for this purpose.

Reaction score
Violet candies taste just like the smell of violets, I don't see them very often but when I do I grab a few packs. I have oodles of violets going mad in my front garden. I will have to put them to good use and make some syrup, perhaps I should turn my little acre of ground into a flower syrup production plot. I love old fashioned rose flavoured turkish delight, i bet those candied roses would be very nice

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We make the candied roses with unrefined sugar cubes. We melt them and add rose petals to it.. Ghee is also added to it. This is great for expectant mothers as rose is said to contain huge quantities of iron. Actually it is made with a deep red sweet smelling rose. The smell could be cloying if you stand in one of those gardens cultivated for this purpose.

This sounds so tempting, I think I'll give it a try:D
Ghee is some sort of a butter? Can I replace it with regular butter?

Reaction score
Ghee is clarified butter.. Clarified by a process of heating to remove excess moisture and until only the fat remains. So you may have to heat your butter through until it becomes like oil. As this is stored for months and possibly a year all precaution is taken to reduce spoilage through fungal formation.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for explanation, Maddie. Now I only need to wait for roses in my garden to bloom:D

This rose syrup drink looks delicious:
DSC07090.jpg

Ask a Question