Flower Identification- Please Help

Reaction score
Country
United States
This flower popped up in one of my planters and I am wondering what it is! I have never planted anything even relatively close to this!
Thanks!

Attachments

• 1435948843149.jpg
    1435948843149.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 353
  • 1435949036733.jpg
    1435949036733.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 365

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have also seen that plant in my area, was not sure of the name, now I know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That flower looks so love and I love the color! I would keep it and cultivate it for next year as it doesn't matter what it is. I just love flowers :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Garden-nasturtium (Tropaeolum majus) is a vining annual or perennial plant, in the family Tropaeolaceae, native to the Andes of Peru.
It is now grown world wide for is beautiful flowers that come in shades and combinations of white, yellow, orange, red, pink, and bronze.
Furthermore, the leaves and flowers possess a taste similar to radish (Raphanus sativus) or Watercress (Nasturtium officinale), and are therefore often grown primarily as a tangy and becoming vegetable. Though the 'wild type' plants are vines, dwarf, non-vining strains have been artificially bred.

Of course, this plant's common name, Garden-nasturtium, refers to its culinary similarity to Watercress (Nasturtium officinale). The two plants are not closely related, being in separate plant families. However, the presence of mustard oils in both plants is indeed evidence of a deep homology shared by Tropaeolaceae, Brassicaceae (to which Nasturtium belongs), and several other plant families in the Order Brassicales.

Ask a Question