First time showing off the green thumb!

Reaction score
I'm kind of new to gardening but I wanted to learn how to grow roses. However, I live in a cold state. Therefore, cold weather is approaching very quickly. So I wanted to know what is the best kind of rose to grow indoors? Can you even grow roses indoors? I'm pretty sure you can. You can grow just about anything indoors? Right?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The best kind of roses to grow indoors are miniature roses:)! In my opinion they're the most beautiful plants in the whole world. Currently, I have 10 of them in my room. They don't need any special treatment. I just prune them from time to time and fertilize regularly.
Unfortunately, miniature roses need to go dormant in winter, so you would have to move your pots to a colder place around October.

Reaction score
The best kind of roses to grow indoors are miniature roses:)! In my opinion they're the most beautiful plants in the whole world. Currently, I have 10 of them in my room. They don't need any special treatment. I just prune them from time to time and fertilize regularly.
Unfortunately, miniature roses need to go dormant in winter, so you would have to move your pots to a colder place around October.

Claudine i got a miniature a couple of days from my uncle but i realize that it's all dried up...i don't know what's the reason for this as i've being watering it.
IMG_20140919_172702-1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This picture is blurry, so I'm not sure if I see it right, but it seems to me that at least two stems of your miniature are still green? If they are, there is hope:) Remove all dried parts.
Who knows, maybe it will grow back:)

Reaction score
I'm kind of new to gardening but I wanted to learn how to grow roses. However, I live in a cold state. Therefore, cold weather is approaching very quickly. So I wanted to know what is the best kind of rose to grow indoors? Can you even grow roses indoors? I'm pretty sure you can. You can grow just about anything indoors? Right?

As Claudine has already said.... your best bet are miniature roses. I grew them for a while as well, and let me tell you they're easy to take care of and do well indoors. They look lovely!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Mini roses are beautiful and easy to take care of. I plan to buy a couple for my house soon. We moved into a new house last year and I have not had any time to buy plants for it yet.

Ask a Question