Fertilizer for indoor plants with self watering pots

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a no. of indoor plants in self watering containers. I was wondering as to what fertilizers can be mixed with water to feed these plants?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I am not using hydroponics but was wondering if those are the right fertilizers to use for plants that are placed in self watering containers?

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you had a hydroponics system, you could probably use those. Though Ideally with that system, convert it to an aquaponic system and feed them fish poop and urine. Could you describe the system you do have more? Does the water stay in the pot or does it drain out quickly? How does it self water? Pictures if you can.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I have no experienced with self-watering containers and it's actually alien to me. But for indoor plants, the best fertilizer is still the organic type that you can get from the compost bin. You can also use the water that you rinsed the meat and fish with but it's not advisable for indoor plants because they have the tendency to emit odor especially the smell of fish.

Ask a Question