Favorite Roses from around the World

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
The name "Albertine" reminds me of Proust. I'm in love with his novels!:love:
Gata Montes, both of these roses are so pretty! I understand why you prefer more intense colors. I'm the opposite though, I've always loved very pale flowers:)
White roses are my favorite:love:
"Tibet" is the most gorgeous:

Tibet.jpg

Reaction score
All so pretty .

I like Albertine as my late Dad was called Bert I have been looking for a fuchsia called Albertina but as he adored his roses in his garden Albertine would be just perfect if I could grow in a pot as I have no more room for climbers.

I have to agree with you that " Albertine " would be a beautiful rose to plant in memory of your father - especially as I too am very fond of this rose - because it reminds me of my grandfather - who used to grow it over outbuildings and all kinds of garden structures - as well as let in trail down banks and steep slopes :)

However, much as I love this rose - it does require a lot room - and although I'm thinking that confining it to a pot might well help contain its spread somewhat - am not altogether sure how well it would work - as it is an extremely vigorous grower and very quickly reaches well over 30 ft in each direction.

Although it may well start off looking neat and tidy like this

Rose - Albertine pergola .JPG

it very quickly becomes this

rose - albertine (2).jpg

which is then quickly followed by - something like double the size of the rose in this last picture - but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a picture of one that big - in order to show you how large it can get.

The other alternative if you haven't got any more room for a climber - is perhaps to let it scramble down a slope or along the ground :)

Reaction score
Claudine - Although I've just said that I much prefer to see deeper brighter shades in my garden - I have to admit to being quite taken by " Tibet " as its really quite striking and a such beautiful shape too :)

How about what I call white roses with a hint of a tint - I love them - as they are not quite as stark as pure white and particularly ones like these

Sweet Spotlight

Rose -sweet-spotlight-sugar.jpg

French Lace

rose - french lace.jpg

Pascali
rose pascali 2011.jpg

A Whiter Shade of Pale

Rosa-A-Whiter-Shade-of-Pale 1.jpg

My favorite though is the last one - A Whiter Shade of Pale :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love French Lace, both its name and its colors are absolutely gorgeous:love:. I wish there was a miniature version of this rose, I'd gladly grow it. A Whiter Shade of Pale looks like a rose from a fairy tale, it's so beautiful and delicate!:love:
As for Albertine, I like how wild it looks in the second picture that you posted. It's messy, but it's also quite artistic:D

This is Free Spirit:

b1c53d6111f69612124d99539dc463c1.jpg

2012-07-rose_Free_Spirit.jpg

It looks magical, doesn't it?

Reaction score
Claudine - I'm somehow feel sure that there is a miniature rose - that looks very similar to French Lace - its just that at this very moment in time - I can't for the life of me remember what its called - but as soon as I remember - will search it out for you - and yes I would definitely agree - A Whiter Shade of Pale is just the most perfect of roses - I love it and its very much a favorite of mine :)

Just love the vibrant colors of " Free Spirit " - they are truly amazing - like the name too :D and have a few more yellow pink tinged stunners here

Caribia

rose.caribia-2.jpg

Pullman Orient Express

rose - pullman orient express 1.jpg

Heart of Gold

Rose - Heart-O-Gold.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I wish I knew the names of miniature rose varieties that I grow:p. Two of them are white, but I'm sure they aren't French Lace.
Pullman Orient Express is beautiful!:love:

Here is 'Easy Does It' I love its ruffly edges!

Easy%20Does%20it%20Rose.jpg

Reaction score
Claudine - If its of any help " French Lace " is more of an ivory color with an apricot blush rather than white - still can't think of the name of the miniature rose that resembles " French Lace " - but as soon as I do - I will find a picture and post it immediately :)

" Easy Does It " - is a lovely rose and like you think the frilly ruffled edges of the petals make it really stand out :)

Its funny that you have just posted " Easy Does It " - because I am about to introduce three new rose varieties - that will be available this year - from the very same breeder that produced - " Easy Does It " :D

You're the One - a new miniature rose

Rose - minature youretheone.jpg w=640.jpg

Jump for Joy -

rose new jumpforjoy.jpg

Rose new for 2014-jumpforjoy.jpg

Anna's Promise - which is the first of an exclusive line of Dowton Abbey Roses:)

rose - Anna's promise.jpg

Definitely roses to be watching out for this year :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, I love them all, I can't pick one favorite, all of these three roses are extraordinary and stunning!
I'll never get bored with roses:love:

Look at 'Double Delight', in my opinion it's lovely:

doubledelight.jpg

Reaction score
Oh I love " Double Delight " its a favorite of mine and especially so because no one bloom is ever the same as another :)

Here is another beauty that never has one flower that looks the same as another - as you can see they are always very different - but always very likable :D

Dick Clark

rose dick clark.jpg

rose Dick Clark Floribunda.jpg

Very pretty don't you think ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Two toned roses are absolutely gorgeous. I really like 'Dick Clark', it reminds me of vanilla ice cream with cherry syrup. I know it sounds funny, but it looks delicious to me, especially in the second picture:LOL:

I love the subtlety of 'La Belle':

la-belle.jpg

la_belle_thumb_800_600max.jpg

Reaction score
Claudine - Although I'm generally bowled over at the sight of any rose - have to say - unusual as it is for me not to be and I don't quite know why it is - but although " La Belle " is very petty - am not particularly drawn to it .

I too have to agree that the rose " Dick Clark " apart from being gorgeous to look at - has an extremely delicious look to it and on the subject of vanilla ice cream and cheery syrup - how about these

Gemini

rose - gemini.jpg

Cherry Parfait

rose -cherry-parfait.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Gata so many beautiful roses in fact all beautiful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha, both Gemini and Cherry Parfait look really yummy too:) They look like sweet desserts:)

I'm not sure how I feel about this rose:

ec32f3.jpg

It's 'Osiria'. In my opinion it's a little too weird. It looks like an unfinished red rose, like somebody forgot to paint a few petals:p

85988.jpg

Reaction score
I'm not sure either Claudine - but I do kind of rather like " Orisia " especially in the top picture - because of the shape and color of the bloom - but am not sure that I like it as much when in bud - as in the bottom picture - so think it may be one of those roses that I would come to like over time - much like the next one - which although I didn't like it very much when I first saw it - now like very much :)

Ketchup and Mustard

rose- ketchup and mustard buds.jpg

rose - ketchup & mustard.jpg

rose - ketchup and mustard plant.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This name, 'Ketchup and Mustard' is hilarious! It's a lovely rose:)

Have you heard of 'Dolce Vita'? It's not the most beautiful rose I've ever seen, but it's one of the most unique ones. In general, I find it quite pretty, but I wish it was a little less pink;)

CA_Rose_Dolce%20Vita.jpg

Ask a Question