Favorite berries?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
There are many different kinds of berries out there, so which ones are your favorite to grow and eat? I think blueberries and blackberries are my favorite as I love to make muffins with them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Down here in Texas, blackberries are the favorite. Don't even have to grow them, they're wild just about everywhere. We call them dew berries, just not as big as domesticated blackberries. Taste the same though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love blueberries and they were an easy fruit to grow. I don't like blackberries so I haven't tried growing these.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm addicted to raspberries and blueberries. I could eat them every day:D They're my favorite healthy snack, because they're very sweet. Almost like candies:D

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do see wild blackberries in the area, but my favorite berry is the strawberry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm surprised that so many of you like blackberries. They're so extremely sour! I eat them sometimes, because they're very healthy, but I don't like them at all;)

I have a question. Is it true that grapes are cosidered berries?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I adore wild blackberries, salmonberries, and huckleberries. It's a shame that I can't eat them here in the Midwest. I used to stomp around in the woods snacking on berries as a kid. As for cultivated berries, I adore strawberries.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Blackberries are my favorite. They grew wild around the yard where I grew up. Every summer I would go pick and eat them right off the bush. That was when you did not have to worry about pesticides and such like we have to today. I can't wait until next spring. I am planning on trying to plant some blackberries.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have any experience growing berries just yet, so I can't say from that perspective, but as far as favorite berries overall I love blackberries and raspberries, and I'll likely try to grow them at some point :).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Kevinkimers - I worry about pesticides too. So many people use nasty chemicals in their gardens. It's frustrating, isn't it?:( The other reason why I never eat berries right off the bush are parasites and bacteria. I don't want to get sick.

Reaction score
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I love blueberries and raspberries. I have my own blueberry bushes and last year I planted a blueberry bush called pink lemonade. I haven't had any berries on it yet since it was a smaller plant. Hopefully next year I will have some berries on it and I can make some pink lemonade blueberry pancakes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hello, Nature25! Pink lemonade blueberries sound really interesting. It's the first time when I hear about this variety. I think it would be perfect for me, because I love trying new fruits:) What is the difference between it and regular blueberies? What does the plant look like? Is it easy to grow?

Reaction score
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Hi Claudine! My blueberry bush hasn't bloomed yet, since I got it when it was really small. This variety was really popular in the 70's more as an ornamental plant, but recently it has become popular again for it's dark pink berries. These berries are suppose to be two times sweeter than a regular blueberry. I can't wait till mine produces fruit and I can finally enjoy them. The plant itself looks just like a regular blueberry bush except they have silvery-bluish leaves and a yellow-red twig. If you can find the plant yourself I definitely recommend planting one.
Hello, Nature25! Pink lemonade blueberries sound really interesting. It's the first time when I hear about this variety. I think it would be perfect for me, because I love trying new fruits:) What is the difference between it and regular blueberies? What does the plant look like? Is it easy to grow?

Ask a Question