Fall is in the air

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Well it is that time of year again where the air outside is starting to get crisp again, and there is morning dew. What are your gardening plans for fall 2015?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It totally is isn't it?! I've been wearing my winter boots when I go out, we've had so much rain recently. Our heating kicked in yesterday too! I can hardly believe it's September.

We took out a big laurel hedge this year so I need to find suitable shrubs to plant in the new gap. It's quite a big area against a fence, and the conditions are not ideal - on the other side of the fence there is a conifer, there is a large yew tree nearby which casts shade on the area, and the soil tends to be quite dry (presumably from both the conifer and yew tree sucking up all the moisture!). Going to see what our local nursery has :)

Reaction score
Same here and I love it. Even my mom said it's getting so cool outside during the morning. The water was also so fresh and nice this morning. I truly miss winter, so happy it's getting here so soon :D Fall is just the start ;) I'll be just happy when this scorching season is over.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, I don't have any special plans for this fall. I think I'll just buy more plants:) My dream is to turn my living room into a small jungle:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm with Trellum, even though I live in the land of ice and snow (who gets that reference? :D *) and am cursing winter by February, I really look forward to fall and even (mostly LOL) winter.
I've already cut back some of my ferns and hostas, and am going to be burning all of my blighted tomato and potato crop when the cold weather starts hitting.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, car's covered in dew in the mornings now, sun's still hot when it comes out though :)

Mushrooms coming up all over the place, leaves haven't started changing colour yet though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It has been chilly here in the early morning and evening. I always have to carry around a sweater now just in case the weather turns on me while I am out and about.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We had to turn on our heater yesterday because it was so chilly in the house and I had to pull out one of my coats. By afternoon it was warm outside and then we had evening thunder showers. It really has been a strange weather year here.

Ask a Question