Fairy gardens anyone?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Forget about fairy gardens, I want a mini meditation garden like this one!

120260252519370841_FDEqEz3X_c.jpg

This was done inside an electric lamp, but you could easily do a little terrarium in this style with a regular lantern.

@Claudine, that first photo is cute; I really like the wood slices stacked up as steps.

Reaction score
Where does one find all the accessories for these fairy gardens? Are they doll house relics?
You will find some of this stuff in yard sales and craft shops.. I have a whole lot of figurines given to me as gifts .. doll houses, fairies and all.
You just need to be creative like using wood slices for steps or blue crystal for water etc... Popsicle sticks can become your wood work .. just let your imagination take flight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Tmann, I think you can make most of these accessories on your own or you can use toys...you can use basically everything. Here somebody used a broken flowerpot to make a miniature garden, I think it looks very interesting:

1355958864-0.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
love all your fairy gardens and gives me so many ideas to get mine finished .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sissy, you are making a fairy garden?:) How does it look like? Will you have miniature furniture in it?
Fairy gardens are so lovely, I like these:

2009-03-miniature.jpg

P5022718sm.jpg

Reaction score
Sissy, they are really beautiful aren't they? Are you on a fairy garden project as well? .. Maybe you should post some picture here for us to enjoy your garden as well. I am sure you will get a lot of appreciation here :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I will have to finish mine but been busy with the pond and building of lighthouse for it first

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sissy, please share some pictures when your fairy garden will be ready, I'm sure it'll be beautiful:) . I'm thinking about making one too.
This is an interesting idea:

fairy+in+a+borken+pot.jpg

Reaction score
Tmann, I think you can make most of these accessories on your own or you can use toys...you can use basically everything. Here somebody used a broken flowerpot to make a miniature garden, I think it looks very interesting:

1355958864-0.jpg

I absolutely love that one^. The step idea is extremely unique and creative. I am going to try to do something similar.

Here is another favorite fairy garden of mine:
I love the originality of it being on top of an old dresser.
geilergarten.jpg

And here is my fairy garden right now:
nice-fairy-garden.jpg

I definitely need to spruce it up a little as I haven't done too much with it lately. I hope more of you keep posting ideas so I can add some of them to this. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Refjaf55, your fairy garden looks really adorable!:D I love this little birdhouse and these green doors - I'm sure you have some fairies living there:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh, I really like this black metal furniture, it's so detailed!
This miniature garden looks so realistic:

DSC00910.JPG

Reaction score
I agree, the furniture seems to lend these gardens an elegance of their own. I used to own a lovely set of metal furniture for my doll house.. I wish I had stored them up.. they would have come in handy now. :D
How I wish I could have just a little more space to play around.

Ask a Question