Droopy ornamental grass

Reaction score
Hello all. I always cut this ornamental grass to the ground in the winter or early spring. By this time every year, it look crappy like in the picture I've attached. I usually just go ahead and cut it back again. But was wondering if there was anything else I could do as an alternative. Thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 601
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 553
Reaction score
Hello all. I always cut this ornamental grass to the ground in the winter or early spring. By this time every year, it look crappy like in the picture I've attached. I usually just go ahead and cut it back again. But was wondering if there was anything else I could do as an alternative. Thoughts?

As your grass looks very much like Miscanthus to me - which is a grass that I have grown myself for many, many years and most varieties too.

My thoughts are that - although there are some varieties of Miscanthus that are known to be more upright and less droopy than others - unless the variety you have is one of the more droopy varieties - the only other reason why your Miscanthus would droop - is because it is either getting too much water or too much fertilizer.

Ask a Question