Dream Garden

Reaction score
What would your dream garden(s) look like? If you could create the perfect scenario for gardens, both veggie and flower, where would they be and what would you plant in them? I would like a big and old restored Victorian house surrounded on all sides by a porch. It would overlook the ocean and be surrounded by gardens, fruit and ornamental trees, and have paths and secret nooks for people to sit and take in all the beauty. It would be alive and awash in texture and most importantly, color. Even in the winter it would be a spectacular yet peaceful site.

Reaction score
For me it would be a large water garden, with a large high producing Aquaponics system, but also surrounded by native plants, with large water features to attract local wild life.. The type of house is not so important to me.

Reaction score
For me it would be a garden with at least 3 wisterias :) I'd have some purple, red and black tulips in my garden. I'd also get some morning glories, and a small fountain. I'd try to create my own space to relax :) I'd plant things both in the soil and in flower pots. I'd love to get ''moon flowers'' and ''Four O’ Clocks'' for my night garden ;)

Reaction score
For me it would be a large water garden, with a large high producing Aquaponics system, but also surrounded by native plants, with large water features to attract local wild life.. The type of house is not so important to me.
Sounds heavenly, wildlife friendly and native plants are huge for me too. I see the destruction that invasives do to the landscape ands frightening.

Reaction score
For me it would be a garden with at least 3 wisterias :) I'd have some purple, red and black tulips in my garden. I'd also get some morning glories, and a small fountain. I'd try to create my own space to relax :) I'd plant things both in the soil and in flower pots. I'd love to get ''moon flowers'' and ''Four O’ Clocks'' for my night garden ;)
I love wisteria and like training them into different forms. I have grown moon flowers and along with other plants had a lovely night garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'd love to have an indoor rose garden. I'd grow all kinds of roses there: miniature ones, climbing ones and regular ones. Also, I'd like my house to be surrounded with a big garden, where I could plant vegetables, tulips, daffodils, violets and lilies of the valley. And of course I dream of big, old trees. Poplars are my favorite:)

Reaction score
Claudine, that sounds like a wonderful idea :) !!! I think your dream garden will look great, by the way... have you ever considered planting these:

Four-O-Clocks.jpg

I hope they come in blue as well, because then that'd be a perfect addition for my garden :)

Reaction score
I love wisteria and like training them into different forms. I have grown moon flowers and along with other plants had a lovely night garden.

Really? So you actually have some experience with wisterias?! Have you ever seen or owned a wisteria bonsai?

2013%252B-%252B1

When you mentioned ''training them into different forms'' this is the first thing that came into my mind :) I'd love to get one of those, but I bet they are really expensive and doing this yourself must be really hard :cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Claudine, that sounds like a wonderful idea :) !!! I think your dream garden will look great, by the way... have you ever considered planting these:

Four-O-Clocks.jpg

I hope they come in blue as well, because then that'd be a perfect addition for my garden :)
What is this plant? These flowers look familiar, I think I saw them somewhere before.
Anyway, it looks lovely and I'd definitely want to plant it in my dream garden! And I'd add a few wisterias too:D
I think both our dream gardens would look absolutely gorgeous:D

Reaction score
@claudine That plant is known as ''four o' clocks''. Is really beautiful, isn't it? Another favorite of mine is this one:

new_moon_flower_1_3456x2592.jpg

moon-flower.jpg

Moon%2Bflowers%2Bpictures.%2B%2525284%252529.jpg

Those would make a great addition to any night night garden :love: I hope you can take pictures of that, when you get to have your dream garden :) So we can all see it! I'd love doing the same.. one day :love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I hope we will be able to take many beautiful pictures of our dream gardens and to share them here:love::D
''Four o' clocks'' are lovely! Also, what a funny name:) I love when plants have funny or cute names. "Kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate" is my favorite:)

Reaction score
I hope we will be able to take many beautiful pictures of our dream gardens and to share them here:love::D
''Four o' clocks'' are lovely! Also, what a funny name:) I love when plants have funny or cute names. "Kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate" is my favorite:)

I didn't know that plant until I checked it out just now :)!! It's really beautiful! The flowers are exquisite, but I'm not sure I'd be able to have a plant like that, I mean, it seems it tends to grow a lot. No wonder it's named kiss-me-over-the-garden-gate :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You know what else I want in my dream garden?:D An almond tree! Here is a close-up on its flowers, aren't they the most gorgeous?

migdalek_kwiat22.jpg

In my opinion these flowers are heavenly beautiful:D:love:

Reaction score
They are heavenly beautiful! You know what thse flower reminded me of???? A pink tutu!!!! Specially the second one to the right that is close to the top! I swear it looks like that!

This might sound weird, but I'd love having moss in my garden, something like this:

Taiwan_2009_JinGuaShi_Historic_Gold_Mine_Moss_Covered_Retaining_Wall_FRD_8940.jpg

Moss_Covered_Tree.jpg

Ask a Question