Do you sell your harvest?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We all have something we are probably good at growing. Do any of you sell the vegetables, fruits, or plants that you grow?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never tried to sell my harvest. I'd much rather eat it myself:D I love eating healthy. As a vegetarian, I need lots and lots of fruits and vegetables.
I'm a petite girl, but I have an unbelievably big appetite:cool:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I have more than I can use, I have given all I can to friends and family I would give my extra to the food bank. I would not try to sell the food.

But plants, flowers, indoor plants yes I do sell those when I can part with them which is not often.

Reaction score
I'm decent at growing herbs but I don't really sell any of them. I sometimes give a few cuttings to my neighbor and that's about it.

Reaction score
If I had really good harvests, like more I can use... I'd surely sell that, after all selling is way better than letting them sit there and rot. It must be nice to be able to produce so much!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I would love to be able to start a coop in my town in which maybe we would not sell our harvests but trade them or something like that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
I'd never ask their financial circumstances, but a young couple with a small child have moved in next door, and it MUST be difficult for them.
I pass on to them a fair bit of my surplus, because i believe that children of that age benefit greatly from high quality, organically grown fresh fruit and veg, which isn't cheap nowadays.
She loves cherry toms, little cucumbers, and raspberries and strawberries especially, and I have given her dad, who's a very personable young chap, a number of strawberry runners, so they can grow them together next year.
I know she has her eye on the fruit on my apple tree.:rolleyes:

Ask a Question