Delphiniummmmmmms!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone..I hope someone can help !! Thought I would start some of these lovely delphinium Pacific giants from seed about March April time and have ended up with 6 strong plants...I have transplanted to 6 inch pots and the largest plant has stems as long as 9 inches and saucer size leaves...I keep them indoors in my utility area in the side entry without any heating...the question is ....now what do I do? Do I continue to keep them indoors in pots and look after them for a whole year and plant out next autumn,or do I plant out this Autumn,or can I put them out now? Any info would be appreciated...if there is someone who plants these please can you be specific on which months of the year you plant seeds..and when do you plant out .Thank you for taking the time to read.kind regards-Rebaka

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Delphinium x cultorum Pacific Giants Hybrids are seed strain selections of the Candle Larkspur (Delphinium elatum) native to Europe, Siberia, central Asia, and Mongolia, and other species. The Pacific Giant strains were bred by Frank Reinelt in California in the early 20th Century. While still perennial, it should be noted that the Pacific Giants were bred to produce flowers early, often the first year, antd then be replaced, rather than persist as long-term garden fixtures.

Being perennial, Delphinium x cultorum Pacific Giants Hybrids can potentially be started any time, though small Fall-germinated seedlings will require additional protection the first Winter. Plant seedlings in-ground in Autumn or early Spring.

Staff online

• zigs
    Cactus Grower, Kent.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ambrose A. Dale

Latest Threads