Cottage Garden Blooming

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
image.jpg
The yard is a mass of color right now. Lots of phlox that have pretty much taken over. Elephant garlic Pom poms stick up randomly.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Nasturtiums hiding among the squash below
image.jpg
image.jpg
some sort of wild sunflower above
image.jpg
I love calendula (above)they are an annual that is almost perennial here. The yellow and orange gives a nice pop to all my pinks and lavenders.
image.jpg
Helenium (above)was from an annual Master Gardener's Sale. I had never seen this little yellow flower before
image.jpg
Phlox and allium. The next if phlox with a hydrengea in the back ground
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 398
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Jewell, your garden is absolutely stunning, I love your phlox!:D The combination of pinks and violets is one of my favorites. I used to grow phlox too, but they were never as pretty and lush as yours.

Reaction score
Think your garden is truly lovely Jewell and all your photos too :) but have to confess that its the pictures of your Liatris and Helenium that really stand out for me - mainly because they are two plants that I like so much - that none of my gardens have ever been without a few of them dotted about.

I really rather like the picture of your wild sunflower too - as it reminds me very much of a variety of Coreopsis that I used to grow :D

Reaction score
Your garden looks as pretty as one of those gardening magazines. It doesn't look like you're a lazy gardener at all. Your garden must have taken so much work.

Reaction score
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing, all of your pics are so beautiful, but the third one is just amazing, I can tell you have a good eye for photography!

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Beautiful. :)

Cottage gardens are the best. Everyone should designate some space for a traditional cottage garden. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
love your garden but gotta love your puppies in you pick .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Love the cottage garden look, the more plants the better I like it, tall garden phlox they come in so many colors now, here a pic of some of my phlox, don't mind the bear she like to just show up when there a camera around. :rolleyes:

Bear 1.jpg

Ask a Question