Citrus trees

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Does anyone here have citrus trees? I'm really interested in getting a clementine or lemon tree. From what I've read, it's very possible to keep them indoors but I don't know anyone who has. I'd love to talk to someone who has tried it :). We're moving so I can't get one yet but I'm looking into it for our next place. There are lots of places online that sell fruit trees but I'm guessing a local nursery is still the best option (though the online warranties look nice).

Reaction score
Country
United States
If you get a dwarf clementine or lemon tree, you can definitely have them inside. I didn't have them but one of my friends in grade school had like five citrus trees, an apple tree, and some other trees in her house. She had a sun room with lots of sun and humidity though. So it's definitely possible but make sure it's a dwarf tree so it wants to stay small. If you can't find one that you really love, You could always grow it until it gets to big, cut off a branch to grow a new one, and sell the original tree.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
It depends on what use you intend for the lemon tree. If you want to grow it for fruits, it will be well if you grow the dwarf varieties. If you are thinking productivity, generally as far as my experience is concerned, lemon trees are sun loving and it wouldn't be prudent to grow them indoors. If you grow the normal variety indoors, it will be possible to convert them into dwarf varieties through bonsai. In the latter case, don't expect fruits.

Ask a Question