Centipede grass

JoshPosh

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
I love centipede grass. I like the way it grows side ways and outwards. When it's real thick it chokes out almost all weeds.

What's your experience with centipede grass?
centipede.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, it's the first time when I see centipede grass. It looks really interesting! But I wouldn't plant it in my garden. I don't like lawns that aren't at least a little weedy;)

Reaction score
My grandma had that growing in her lawn! I don't know much about it, but it really seemed like the ideal type of grass you'd want to have planted in your yard if you don't have that much spare time to take care of that lawn. Well, at least grandpa didn't ;)

Reaction score
We used to have that breed of grass planted on our yard. Indeed, it was low maintenance since it grows horizontally. It loves the sun and it can thrive with minimal watering. It is very, very tough and lives long enough that even if you get tired of it, it keeps growing. My mom eventually removed it from the garden when we had to extend the house to build a stone patio. Boy, they had a hard time pulling it out! I miss that grass.

Reaction score
Love centipede grass. I prefer it all other grasses. Don't yet have any on my lawn, though. Want to try to get started on that process in the next couple of years though, before I sell my home. I think it just looks better on a lawn than a lot of other grasses.

Ask a Question