Can someone identify this vegetable plant?

Reaction score
Country
United States
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
T

Thanks Chuck. Could be. I have forgotton everything I planted. First time gardening here.
So I don't guess you remember what the seed looked like?----perhaps a little, very hard, round, green seed about twice as big as a BB?

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I don't guess you remember what the seed looked like?----perhaps a little, very hard, round, green seed about twice as big as a BB?
I'll tell you what happened. I'm staying in a friends apt in Budapest Hungary and I found some containers and seeds. Just to kill time I planted Cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, peppers and then a bag of mixed seeds. Fully expecting nothing to grow because I have no idea what I'm doing the balcony now looks like a jungle lol. It may be okra or anything from the mixed bag, I have no idea

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'll tell you what happened. I'm staying in a friends apt in Budapest Hungary and I found some containers and seeds. Just to kill time I planted Cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, peppers and then a bag of mixed seeds. Fully expecting nothing to grow because I have no idea what I'm doing the balcony now looks like a jungle lol. It may be okra or anything from the mixed bag, I have no idea
If the seeds came from Hungary it very well could be an old heirloom okra as I have direct generational okra seeds from Germany and Poland which I grow every year but are not shaped like yours. Time will tell I suppose

Reaction score
Country
United States
If the seeds came from Hungary it very well could be an old heirloom okra as I have direct generational okra seeds from Germany and Poland which I grow every year but are not shaped like yours. Time will tell I suppose
Thanks very much Chuck. I go back to Kentucky in June and will be giving all the plants to a family downstairs. They will take photos and I will see when I come back in January. I was just curious because it just suddenly grew once I removed Basil from the pot. Thanks again buddy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Please remind them to keep the containers and try to harvest whatever seeds they can. You are passing on more than pots and plants. Good for you!

Reaction score
Country
United States
The plant pictured in the OP is in the Mint Family Lamiaceae.
The leaves look quite different from Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus). Also, the leaves are oppositely arranged on the stem, unlike Okra which has alternate leaves.
The leaves do look similar to Ground-ivy (Glechoma hederacea). However, I am not at all certain it is that particular plant, which normally doesn't grow upright, ...though it could in a pot with a stake.

Ask a Question