bonsai tree, help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I'm looking for any advice. We have had our bonsai tree 2 years now. This year it seems to be turning yellow in the leaves. I don't have a picture at this time. Its watered regularly and we were told to pep talk it daily . I'm honestly not seeing any bugs or anything, but I will be double checking. Does anyone have any ideas on how to save this little guys life before it gets to late? Once again sorry for no pictures I know its easier to diagnose that way, but I definitely appreciate it regardless.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Living in Japan I know a little about Bonsais...I haven't grown them myself but have friends that do. They usually say the most common cause of yellowing is underwatering but you mention it seems to be getting enough water. Where are you keeping it? Cold sometimes can have the same effect and yellow the leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
From what I understand, a bonsai is a small tree which means it also need all the elements that you can give to a tree - right amount of sunlight, enough water, clean air, fertilizer. If it is turning yellow, what comes to mind is lack of sunlight. However, there are pests and diseases that attack the roots of a plant and even a tree so maybe you have to check on that. Our neighbor had a mango tree that died just like that by having yellow leaves at first before wilting due to a root disease.

Ask a Question