Blue flower plant list

Reaction score
If you are looking to add a pop of color to your garden, then you should check this amazing blue flower list :) In this list you can find annuals, perennials, bulbs shrubs and even vines!

bluegarden.jpg

http://thegardengeeks.net/garden-articles/garden-lists/426-blue-garden-plants-list

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
What stunning blue flowers. I have a white garden, a pinks and purples garden and a red and yellow garden. Now I think I'll need a blue garden! :cool: And what al list. Very helpful. Thanks Trellum.

Reaction score
What stunning blue flowers. I have a white garden, a pinks and purples garden and a red and yellow garden. Now I think I'll need a blue garden! :cool: And what al list. Very helpful. Thanks Trellum.

That sounds very nice, Deb! I hope you can share those pictures with us very soon (y) I'd love to take a look at your gardens for sure :)

OMG - I love blue. That is the colour of my car, my business logo and on and on.

Thanks for sharing!

You are welcome, Lori :) I hope you decide to give some of those plants a try ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are gorgeous! I love blue flowers and I think they are so unique. In fact, any color such as green, blue flowers always fascinate me. I am waiting for my mom's blue hydrangea to grow strong, and will ask her to give me some. (My mom has green thumb, and I have black thumb, haha)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
They are gorgeous! I love blue flowers and I think they are so unique. In fact, any color such as green, blue flowers always fascinate me. I am waiting for my mom's blue hydrangea to grow strong, and will ask her to give me some. (My mom has green thumb, and I have black thumb, haha)
I used to say I had a DRIED ARRANGEMENT THUMB!
Not so now I'm thrilled to say.
A friend likes to remind me that once I said to her very earnestly "I'm not a gardener" and I had no intentions of becoming one.
Never say never. If I decided to garden the gardening bug can attack anyone!:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
That sounds very nice, Deb! I hope you can share those pictures with us very soon (y) I'd love to take a look at your gardens for sure :)

You are welcome, Lori :) I hope you decide to give some of those plants a try ;)

Would love to show off my garden Trellum. Only a month until Spring and already my pieris Japonica has little bell flowers coming out, my rhododendron is flowering and has lots of buds, my echium has new little shoots, my native hibiscus has a few flowers and lots of buds. I cut a lot back awfully hard this year so I'm nervous they won't give such a nice display. I'll just have to wait and see. All very exciting. I actually spent about 4 hours in the garden yesterday so it was nice to get back into it. Winter is a bit dismal. I had a little visitor, a kitten I think about 6 months old, very friendly and playful and thank god grey and white!!!!:LOL:.....for those who are aware of my coordinating thing! I quess we were onside so green would have been more appropriate:confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this list. Blue was my mom's favorite color and now I'm starting to like it too, because it reminds me of her. I had no idea there are so many blue flowers in this world!

Reaction score
I'm glad you now like blue, Claudine .) It's a beautiful color, I hope you decide to grow some of those plants :) I might get some lily of the Nile bulbs in the future, I love the pop of color they add :)

Reaction score
Would love to show off my garden Trellum. Only a month until Spring and already my pieris Japonica has little bell flowers coming out, my rhododendron is flowering and has lots of buds, my echium has new little shoots, my native hibiscus has a few flowers and lots of buds. I cut a lot back awfully hard this year so I'm nervous they won't give such a nice display. I'll just have to wait and see. All very exciting. I actually spent about 4 hours in the garden yesterday so it was nice to get back into it. Winter is a bit dismal. I had a little visitor, a kitten I think about 6 months old, very friendly and playful and thank god grey and white!!!!:LOL:.....for those who are aware of my coordinating thing! I quess we were onside so green would have been more appropriate:confused:

Aww! Are you planning on keeping the kitten? He sounds adorable! As for your garden... you are only making me more curious! Do you have a lot space to work with? Now I know I got to see a picture of your garden, I've heard in New Zealand you can find the most amazing plants ever =D Is it true calla lilies grow in the wild?

Reaction score

I have never seen a green flower :O Have you seen green flowers live? I have only seen blue flowers a couple times in my entire life, blue is indeed a very rare color in the nature :love: That is why I find hydrangea so fascinating, even the name is fascinating (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Aww! Are you planning on keeping the kitten? He sounds adorable! As for your garden... you are only making me more curious! Do you have a lot space to work with? Now I know I got to see a picture of your garden, I've heard in New Zealand you can find the most amazing plants ever =D Is it true calla lilies grow in the wild?
Would love to keep the kitten but not mine to keep. Plus I do have 3 at present with my sons additions( grey of course). I did check today to see of it came to visit again but didn't see him.
I have 3/4 acre but that includes house, garage, drive way so not sure how much actual garden. Maybe 1/2, not sure. It is a lot for a 63 year old, which is no where near 64 (6 days away, 7 for your next birthday too Esther) I do think birthdays come way too quickly these days!:D I have left no stones unturned In my garden and always so much to do but I do get so much out of it.
Have seen a few mentions of --D, I can't do the dash underneath each other, I don't know what that means. Not sure of wild calla lilies in New Zealand. That would be magnificent. Don't even know here on Australia but haven't seen them but it is a big country
I'd love to show you a few photos which I have posted but I don't know under what headings you'd look. I did do a showcase when I first joined. I did a view from my kitchen window recently. I'll take some new ones when it's Spring. So nice to be able to show interested parties. I have been known to drag people around the garden in not the best weathers:p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Would love to keep the kitten but not mine to keep. Plus I do have 3 at present with my sons additions( grey of course). I did check today to see of it came to visit again but didn't see him.
I have 3/4 acre but that includes house, garage, drive way so not sure how much actual garden. Maybe 1/2, not sure. It is a lot for a 63 year old, which is no where near 64 (6 days away, 7 for your next birthday too Esther) I do think birthdays come way too quickly these days!:D I have left no stones unturned In my garden and always so much to do but I do get so much out of it.
Have seen a few mentions of --D, I can't do the dash underneath each other, I don't know what that means. Not sure of wild calla lilies in New Zealand. That would be magnificent. Don't even know here on Australia but haven't seen them but it is a big country
I'd love to show you a few photos which I have posted but I don't know under what headings you'd look. I did do a showcase when I first joined. I did a view from my kitchen window recently. I'll take some new ones when it's Spring. So nice to be able to show interested parties. I have been known to drag people around the garden in not the best weathers:p

Oh my, your birthday is coming! Awesome, I hope you are planing to celebrate it big :) My mom is 61, sadly she doesn't like gardening :( Wish she did, gardening could have been the most wonderful hobby ever for her. It can be so relaxing, but at the same time so rewarding! And yes, please do! I enjoy seeing pictures of nature and beautiful gardens all around the globe =D Half acres sound very good, by the way! Much better than the yard in my future D:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have never seen a green flower :O Have you seen green flowers live? I have only seen blue flowers a couple times in my entire life, blue is indeed a very rare color in the nature :love: That is why I find hydrangea so fascinating, even the name is fascinating (y)

I have seen a couple of cut green flowers in the market, and thought that they have sprayed it, but they were real. I have also seen green cactus flowers and it is amazing to see green flowers!

Ask a Question