BIG FIG HARVEST (September through October)

Reaction score
In the photos are the Chicago hardy fig variety, which produces purple skinned fruits with a red jam-like texture inside. The taste is similar to Apricots, Plums, and Peaches. They will grow from little, green nubs then be triple their size overnight.
Refer to my previous posts of fig harvests so far this year, here:
Late September garden harvest (& Harvesting more figs) , Pepper harvest in the Fall (+ FIGS) , and Harvesting FIGS in cold climate.
Below are photos of the figs we have harvested in the last couple of days.

DSCF6693.JPG

October 2nd harvest

October 2nd, fig harvest

Original post @ BIG FIG HARVEST (September through October)

-Cassie K, http://veganslivingofftheland.blogspot.com/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What a great harvest, those figs look super delicious!:) Looking at the last picture makes me very hungry:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I love figs and wish that I had the space to grow them here. My granny used to, she would make fig jam out of them and it was so delicious. Do you ever make jam or preserves with them?

Reaction score
I love figs and wish that I had the space to grow them here. My granny used to, she would make fig jam out of them and it was so delicious. Do you ever make jam or preserves with them?

This was the first time receiving a harvest off of the fig trees. I would love to make a fig jam in the future, or even dehydrate them. With the small quantity I harvested this year, I ate them raw, straight off the tree.

Ask a Question