Backyard sofa made of bricks

Reaction score
I err...don't think I'll be making that soon Pat.

Looks just a bit uncomfortable XD

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I agree with Livvy, I can't imagine sitting on bricks for more than 15 minutes:p It looks interesting though and I'm sure that it's easy to build it.

Reaction score
Interesting and creative way of using up bricks but i think i would add some cushions to make it more comfy.

Reaction score
Those cinderblocks are pretty ugly. I think they should have painted the cinderblocks and piled on some outdoor cushions. No one is going to want to sit there. It looks painful.

Reaction score
Hmmm - although a very creative idea - its not something that I will be considering as apart from being extremely uncomfortable - I have to say that even if you were to spruce it up a bit by painting the blocks and adding cushions - its not something that I would like to see in my garden - as I feel it would be somewhat of an eyesore - especially as my idea of a permanent garden sofa would be something more along these lines

Garden Furiture - stone-seating-for-outdoor.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hmmm - although a very creative idea - its not something that I will be considering as apart from being extremely uncomfortable - I have to say that even if you were to spruce it up a bit by painting the blocks and adding cushions - its not something that I would like to see in my garden - as I feel it would be somewhat of an eyesore - especially as my idea of a permanent garden sofa would be something more along these lines

View attachment 3264
Now that is what I call a beer drinking bench.

Reaction score
The stone bench is definitly beautiful. I found the cinder block sofa to be very interesting but definitly interesting. And I agree,, some paint and some outdoor cushions would defintly be an improvement.

Reaction score
Now that is what I call a beer drinking bench.

Agree - could see myself lounging on that for hours and there is even a table to put your drink on - which would help avoid the worry of it getting mistakenly knocked over :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
It's not that horrible, I'd sit on it while I'm watching the meat on the grill, and I'm sure my husband would sit on it to keep me company, too :D

Reaction score
I agree with Livvy, I can't imagine sitting on bricks for more than 15 minutes:p It looks interesting though and I'm sure that it's easy to build it.
Fifteen minutes!?

I wouldn't even last five. It's going to have a straight up back, so you'd have to sit perfectly right angled. Which is painful enough, even if the whole thing wasn't made out of cinder blocks to begin with! I'm sure there could be a lovely little thing made out of bricks, as long as you constructed it a bit differently.

I mean, keep the sofa's basis structure the same, only make a sort of pit on the top there. Fill it up with cushions/comfy things, and do the same to the back as well. Boom! Comfy brick sofa. Oh actually, you could make this even more garden friendly and use some sort of plant in place of the cushions! Maybe moss for example?

Ask a Question